Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Trump set himself up to be the most assassinatable president in US history?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No different to Trump's comment about the 2nd amenders doing something about Clinton!
Live by the sword, die by the sword ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
double post

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Obamacare is why the struggling middle class just put Trump into office.

20,000,000 people who never had the chance for Insurance coverage are the ones that will loose out here.

I assume you also have lived here for a while to fully understand the crippling costs of the bullshit Insurance Health Care system.

To see a person walk into a hospital dripping in blood and in obvious pain, to be then shown the door because they do not have Insurance Coverage is a very difficult image to forget.

Obamacare is meant to help those who can not afford the high costs (Average family of 4 about $1,200 a month with no assistance).

I struggle to see why Obamacare is the reason the middle class put Trump in office. Please explain how and why that is the case?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
20,000,000 people who never had the chance for Insurance coverage are the ones that will loose out here.

I assume you also have lived here for a while to fully understand the crippling costs of the bullshit Insurance Health Care system.

To see a person walk into a hospital dripping in blood and in obvious pain, to be then shown the door because they do not have Insurance Coverage is a very difficult image to forget.

Obamacare is meant to help those who can not afford the high costs (Average family of 4 about $1,200 a month with no assistance).

I struggle to see why Obamacare is the reason the middle class put Trump in office. Please explain how and why that is the case?

Washington (CNN)Obamacare's woes are back -- just two weeks before Election Day.

The government said Monday that premiums for Obamacare's benchmark plan are set to rise an average of 22% next year. That sticker shock is emerging as a potent issue in the final stretch of the 2016 campaign, giving GOP nominee Donald Trump and Republicans running for Congress a unifying rallying cry.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/election-2016-obamacare/

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Washington (CNN)Obamacare's woes are back -- just two weeks before Election Day.

The government said Monday that premiums for Obamacare's benchmark plan are set to rise an average of 22% next year. That sticker shock is emerging as a potent issue in the final stretch of the 2016 campaign, giving GOP nominee Donald Trump and Republicans running for Congress a unifying rallying cry.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/election-2016-obamacare/

If all you can do is quote websites, then there is no argument from me as all we will do is go back and forth quoting bias or slanted media.

I see you missed the question about how long you lived here and have experienced, Medicare, Medical and the Insurance Heath Care system, again please enlighten me with your own personal experiences, rather than those you are citing from the internet?

As you probably know from the time you must of spent here, only a small fraction of Americans who have insurance buy individual policies. Those who buy health plans outside the regular group marketplace, are the ones where this rate increase will apply. Simply put the people affected by the rises are only the people who shop in the individual markets, not those who are part of workplace plans or long term FREE group scenarios, which the majority of people are.

As a tax paying adult who has been here a while, and had two parents move here from Sussex as pensioners, both of whom were not able to get Health Insurance in America due to no taxes being paid during employment, we were faced with a Health Insurance bill of nearly $4k a month for them.

Just because they are high risk.

Ironically, they are both in good health and have enjoyed those low cost or free services I listed above including Obamacare, of which they will not have any increases due to being involved in a free standing GROUP plan.

Fill you boots with more internet research and quotes bud, but please remember that commenting on a situation from afar, with out any prior depth of knowledge is easy to do. Once again, I ask you to relay your own experiences of the US health system?

Last edited:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
If all you can do is quote websites, then there is no argument from me as all we will do is go back and forth quoting bias or slanted media.

I see you missed the question about how long you lived here and have experienced, Medicare, Medical and the Insurance Heath Care system, again please enlighten me with your own personal experiences, rather than those you are citing from the internet?

As you probably know from the time you must of spent here, only a small fraction of Americans who have insurance buy individual policies. Those who buy health plans outside the regular group marketplace, are the ones where this rate increase will apply. Simply put the people affected by the rises are only the people who shop in the individual markets, not those who are part of workplace plans or long term FREE group scenarios, which the majority of people are.

As a tax paying adult who has been here a while, and had two parents move here from Sussex as pensioners, both of whom were not able to get Health Insurance in America due to no taxes being paid during employment, we were faced with a Health Insurance bill of nearly $4k a month for them.

Just because they are high risk.

Ironically, they are both in good health and have enjoyed those low cost or free services I listed above including Obamacare, of which they will not have any increases due to being involved in a free standing GROUP plan.

Fill you boots with more internet research and quotes bud, but please remember that commenting on a situation from afar, with out any prior depth of knowledge is easy to do. Once again, I ask you to relay your own experiences of the US health system?

Which county do you live in? Must be fun seeing Orange County go Democratic

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I always thought Obama was going to get assassinated by some white supremacist.
I think don is safe - although the left are pretty looney these days, I don't think any of them can actually shoot..

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Which county do you live in? Must be fun seeing Orange County go Democratic

OC California, specifically North OC, the Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley area. We have more diversity here than South OC, which has led to the very heavy swing to the Democratic side. One highlight is watching the crusty whites in the expensive areas, (NP Beach, NP Coast, CDM, MV etc) panic as more and more successful immigrants from various areas of Asia, Latin America and the Middle East buy up the more frequent properties for sale from the historic white demographic.

Life is a melting pot, and if anything comes from this election, it will be the realization that the mass grouping of minorities has to step up, rather than rely on the vocal and action taking view from the normally reliable Democratic perspective.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
OC California, specifically North OC, the Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley area. We have more diversity here than South OC, which has led to the very heavy swing to the Democratic side. One highlight is watching the crusty whites in the expensive areas, (NP Beach, NP Coast, CDM, MV etc) panic as more and more successful immigrants from various areas of Asia, Latin America and the Middle East buy up the more frequent properties for sale from the historic white demographic.

Life is a melting pot, and if anything comes from this election, it will be the realization that the mass grouping of minorities has to step up, rather than rely on the vocal and action taking view from the normally reliable Democratic perspective.

Good info on Healthcare and demographics of OC. Brother and his family live up the road from you in Costa Mesa. A friend of his has a sister who is an OC cop.she was telling us about her job round Disneyland area. Not sure I would want to do that.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
IMG_1142.JPG

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not criticising yourself per say but who says 600 million people are wrong? I doubt he will be a great president. (. Please see later post)
Don't know about Trump but you have certainly massacred Latin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Is 'banter' German for bollocks, then?

.....and as for assassination, the sort of nutters who might try to assassinate the president probably voted for him, so no, he should be (relatively) safe.

Trump's problems will start if he doesn't deliver on all the promises. These guys voted for him in the expectation that he will deliver all of them (not just about the wall and the Muslims but about jobs and expectations). I'm sure they see it as a firm deal - we vote you deliver. When it becomes apparent to all that he can't is when the backlash starts. It's a bit like doing a deal with the Mafia.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Trump's problems will start if he doesn't deliver on all the promises. These guys voted for him in the expectation that he will deliver all of them (not just about the wall and the Muslims but about jobs and expectations). I'm sure they see it as a firm deal - we vote you deliver. When it becomes apparent to all that he can't is when the backlash starts. It's a bit like doing a deal with the Mafia.

This, he based his campaign about being different from the "Washington Elite " and standing up for the angry people left behind.....if fails to deliver on too many of his vague policies they will be reaching for the guns.... There was a quote from some old dictator I read once, it went a long the lines of " No matter how cruel you treat your subjects you must always give them a small amount of hope... something to live for, if they have nothing to live for they then have everything to die for "

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He doesn't have to deliver every policy. As long as he changes enough for the better for those that voted for him, he can kick some specific cans down the road.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Trump's problems will start if he doesn't deliver on all the promises.

Trumps problems start on day one, because other than starting to build a wall, imposing 45% tariffs and cutting taxes (one policy bound to get through Republican houses), he wont be able to deliver on anything within 4 years.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
He doesn't have to deliver every policy. As long as he changes enough for the better for those that voted for him, he can kick some specific cans down the road.

Not sure about that. There are some seriously delusional people out there that voted for him. It's difficult to say what would trigger something. All I would say is beware racists with guns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here