Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Trump set himself up to be the most assassinatable president in US history?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not the most tasteful type of speculation but he did raise the 'second amendment guys' himself. They are obviously on his side so pose no threat unless disappointed. As for overseas groups that have some form in this type of interference I would have thought that they would see value in his capacity for disruption and wouldn't want to curtail that. Overall though security is so tight these days that it is unlikely which is good regardless of who they are.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A pretty tasteless thread this.

.....says the guy who posted this thread.........

Sorry, this is evil but I couldn't resist it :lolol:
View attachment 67942

Or perhaps your faux disapproval of my thread is merely motivated by the fact that I recently offered an opposing opinion to yours on an entirely different and non related thread, which shouldn't mean that you now have to feel compelled to state your disagreement with everything I say no matter what the topic. I actually quite like your Cilla Black joke. Tasteless, yes, but still amusing nonetheless.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I sincerely hope not. As much as I hate him I want him to last the 4 years. Mike Pence as president truly is a scary, scary thought.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Absolutely, those so flippantly accepting the premise, are the self same people that somehow had a total meltdown when a newspaper ran the headline 'enemy of the people', how any reasonable functioning adult can wet themselves about the headline and can then join in on the likelyhood and even perhaps the validation of the murder of the democratically elected president of the USA shows how wholly out of touch those idiots must be.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No.

Any would be assassin 'homegrown' redneck nuts probably voted for him in the first place.

Any would be assassin 'religious extremist' nuts would welcome him as president as he'll be the most amazing recruitment tool for their rank and help drive the myth of war.

He is safe and will get on with Putin like a house on fire because they are the same type of man; same rotten model.

Bullshit. The majority of violence in the lead up to the election came from the Democrats side.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I really liked the way that Obama and Clinton said today they hoped that the new pres would make a good fist of the job. America is very different from the UK. The electorate get dissed by us snooty Brits for their lack of sophistication. Actually they are very sophisticated - they understand very well their self interest. Of course we brits are waiting for the Trump ceiling to come crashing down on his head when he fails to deliver any of his promises. Whether he does fail or not is moot. My guess is he will fail. Will this harm him? Probably not. Other people will be blamed. The only thing that will damage him is if he gets caught doing what the former owners of Newcastle United did (mock the fans). Trump isn't stupid. He did what he needed to do to win. Now he can do what he likes. Maybe that will be 'being statesmanlike'. I loved Obama to bits but frankly he did eff all for America. Having the knowhow to persuade others to submit to your will is a dark art. Maybe old nylon hair has the gift. What he decides to do with it . . . is a mattter for time to tell.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
.....says the guy who posted this thread.........

Or perhaps your faux disapproval of my thread is merely motivated by the fact that I recently offered an opposing opinion to yours on an entirely different and non related thread, which shouldn't mean that you now have to feel compelled to state your disagreement with everything I say no matter what the topic. I actually quite like your Cilla Black joke. Tasteless, yes, but still amusing nonetheless.
Yes , a big difference in my opinion, speculation on someone's assassination as opposed to a visual gag about someone already dead, as for you disagreeing with me on another thread, you'll have to remind me what it was , you don't ring a bell tbh.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yes , a big difference in my opinion, speculation on someone's assassination as opposed to a visual gag about someone already dead, as for you disagreeing with me on another thread, you'll have to remind me what it was , you don't ring a bell tbh.

So mocking the dead is ok, but merely speculating on, but not mocking, the potential for assassination of the undead isn't? I think you'd better come down from the moral high ground because I think you're suffering a bit of altitude sickness which is confusing your thinking

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Especially if you care to remember a mod banning a poster for being indignant to David Bowie's musical prowess, personally neither particualrly riles me, but the lack of acknowledgment of its sheer contridiction is quite stunning.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The original post is tasteless speculation. Could also be construed as designed to prompt the unstable to really consider it. What next? Gina Miller perhaps?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's unlikely to be the left that would be involved anyway. His problem is going to be the those that he has made promises to but then fails to keep. I'd be more worried about the rednecks with Kalashnikov who in a few years will feel they've been duped! No wall between the USA and Mexico and the Muslims still allowed in the country etc etc.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I loved Obama to bits but frankly he did eff all for America.

I think you're being very harsh on Obama there.

He's actually seen the US economy fare a great deal better than many developed Western economies have (including our own) since the 2008 financial crisis hit.

He has also had his hands tied for the majority of his two terms thanks to not commanding a majority in the two houses. And yet despite this he managed to push the Affordable Care Act through, bringing healthcare to millions who'd otherwise have been priced out of receiving care when they needed it.

Many independent studies into the relative successfulness of presidents past and present have consistently ranked Obama comfortably upper mid table, such as this study from Siena College where Obama places 15th - https://www.siena.edu/assets/files/news/Presidents_2010_Rank_by_Category.pdf

History will remember him for being the first black president, but it will also show his record in office was very respectable, in incredibly difficult circumstances.

Mind you Bill Clinton's presidency was by most measures a very successful one, and yet the man is toxic to the American public today

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The original post is tasteless speculation. Could also be construed as designed to prompt the unstable to really consider it.
Well I thought NSC would be my first port of call in my dastardly plan as I've always had a sneaking suspicion that NSC was populated by a bunch of easily manipulated would be presidential assassins. Or have I made a slight misjudgement??

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

But,valid. Trump has been so controversial and divisive and hey, there are a lot of guns out there....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think you're being very harsh on Obama there.

He's actually seen the US economy fare a great deal better than many developed Western economies have (including our own) since the 2008 financial crisis hit.

He has also had his hands tied for the majority of his two terms thanks to not commanding a majority in the two houses. And yet despite this he managed to push the Affordable Care Act through, bringing healthcare to millions who'd otherwise have been priced out of receiving care when they needed it.

Obamacare is why the struggling middle class just put Trump into office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here