Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has to be done - Potter In or Out?

Potter in or out

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
not even that pretty is it though.

Not enjoyable at all

Yeah I agree with this.
I'm struggling with this whole 'pretty football' thing. It's better than under Hughton (though some of his football in the Champ was gorgeous).
It's not that good though is it? We don't score, for starters. And most of the teams in this league play a decent, attractive style of football.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Won't make a difference with Ashworth in.

Pray tell [emoji23] no one outside the club has any clue how the hierarchy works.

How involved do you think Dan Ashworth is in the day to day first team ?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I am now on the fence, I like the football but now we are starting to produce some insipid stuff. Dan burn is not a left back, exposed again and again. Ryan is also looking like a problem. Potter makes too many changes, but is not brave enough to make the key changes. Unfortunately he is starting to look like a rabbit in the headlights. We need 4 points from the next 2. If we get zero, I think his time could be over.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had to be done? No, no it didn't you idiot.

****. It’s a football forum. Fans opinions are interesting. Take your happy clappy bobble hat and feck off...please

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
We need a PL quality keeper. Once we have one who keeps us in a game we may start to grow in confidence up front. As things stand most opposition shots end up in the back of the net whilst opposition keep the other team in the game. Ryan out, a quality keeper in in January to stop the rot

Name 5 goals this season where a “PL quality keeper” would’ve kept out but Ryan conceded.

Ryan is not a bad keeper, he’s facing almost impossible moments to save shots. Could he be better at commanding his box and claiming crosses? Yes. But putting another keeper in to stand still when the ball gets deflected past him from 3 meters wont make a difference.

But by all means, answer my first question and prove me wrong

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sorry but I’m losing faith - last two games. We need results and now we don’t even have performances. 2 wins in next games it will be happier, but if we lose them ...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Fence. The next 2 games could sway me either way.

This is where I am. I'm teetering on the brink. I think it was you who said on the other thread that we are getting the same results in a prettier way and that's the problem. I'll feel a whole lot better if we have 6 more points by this time next week. Otherwise I'd be tempted to get someone with a bit more drive whilst we still can. And I absolutely hate calling for a manager to go so am very reluctant.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I would be as much against sacking Potter as I was against the sacking of Hughton.

The jury is still out on Potter - but you don't sell the farm on changing the playing style and the type of players you are recruiting just to sack the manager when things get rocky.

However this could be a really tough season - I always felt that Hughton would keep Brighton up two seasons ago - but Potter's style of play does not lend itself to a relegation dog-fight. The next couple of games are crucial and Potter needs to create distance between Brighton on the 3 teams below (I think we will see Burnley - with Dyche's experience and the takeover being completed - starting to pull their way out of trouble, as they did today). Unless results spiral out of control then you have to stick with him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m in but the next two games are critical, 2 wins and he can breathe or if what I predict which is 1 point, Fulham IMO will beat us, I’m still scarred quite literally from our last visit there almost 2 years ago in the snow, awful night, and Sheff will get a point out of us, then he’s a dead man walking!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
In.

But, in my opinion he needs to have faith in his own football philosophy like he did at the beginning of the season. How on earth can we play slick, quick, passing football with four natural CBs and slower midfield players like Pascal Gross. At the moment it's a half-arsed attempt at passing football that's getting us nowhere.

Let's get back to Trossard and Alzate from the start please, with Maupay and Connolly pairing up front.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Fans wanted Hughton out for playing poor football, and rightly so.

Now we play good football and still haven’t occupied the relegation zone. I guess fans are hard to please. I’m still IN, but tonight was very poor. As bad as Everton away. That’s what Leicester can do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Name 5 goals this season where a “PL quality keeper” would’ve kept out but Ryan conceded.

Ryan is not a bad keeper, he’s facing almost impossible moments to save shots. Could he be better at commanding his box and claiming crosses? Yes. But putting another keeper in to stand still when the ball gets deflected past him from 3 meters wont make a difference.

But by all means, answer my first question and prove me wrong

OK

Shots into the corners beat Ryan virtually every time. A bigger keeper would reach some of them. Have a look at the save the Palace keeper made this afternoon, Ryan wouldn’t have saved it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Out. I never understood last seasons either or Potter v Hughton arguments. What's wrong with somebody better than both? A non-binary debate? Who that is, I don't know. None of us do. We don't work in the football industry and don't get paid to be! But I simply don't believe that Potter's the only answer, whether he takes us down or keeps us in 17th. I want better, believe we can and should do better. Football's a results business. Potter doesn't get them. He's proved this. And I'm utterly bored with losing so predictably all the time. The complete lack of 'shocks' in comparison to other clubs of our size, or smaller. For the record though, Potter is not some footballing genius. I hope that spin is well and truly busted by now amongst the rose-tints, I never believed the hype myself. Not unless you think Dyce is Shankly reincarnated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here