• Fence

Votes: 70 61.9%
  • Job stuffed up

Votes: 40 35.4%

• Total voters

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I'll judge him after the first 3 games of the season. I imagine Hughton is just experimenting with players and doesn't really give a crap about the result of friendlies (optimist here lol)

edit- wrong thread

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Unfortunately Bent wanted to stay in the Midlands. Just Married, did not have to relocate, drivable from his home to training every day, possibility of another bash at the premier league and all the goodies that it entails. When you think of the difference between Derby now and when we played them in the play offs god have we gone backwards,that night at Pride Park they destroyed us with the 3p's......PASSING with PACE and PUPOSE. We were taught a lesson that as a club we never really learned.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Unfortunately Bent wanted to stay in the Midlands. Just Married, did not have to relocate, drivable from his home to training every day, possibility of another bash at the premier league and all the goodies that it entails. When you think of the difference between Derby now and when we played them in the play offs god have we gone backwards,that night at Pride Park they destroyed us with the 3p's......PASSING with PACE and PUPOSE. We were taught a lesson that as a club we never really learned.

OK - didn't think Bent was ever a realistic option for us.

Yep, as the form side Derby really threw away their big chance that season. Despite the euphoria of that late win at the City Ground, Oscar's side were probably slight over achievers in making the play offs. We never really looked serious contenders and failed to make the 1st leg at home count. Then to be fair it didn't help that we then had a weakened squad going into the 2nd leg etc.

I know we have some serious regrets about failing at the play off stage in consecutive seasons - but I guess many Derby fans will be even more fed up after missing out again, despite a stronger squad and dominant early form. They really blew it. It will be interesting to see how they go under Clement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here