Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has there been a worse header of the ball than Bruno ever at the Albion

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Best header of a ball I've ever seen (Dawson was before my time so can't compare) is a toss between Foster (he would have headed a penalty given the chance) and Butters. Butters had perfect timing. I can't recall many times he lost a header. He'd seldom jump either, just get his body into the space the opposition player was trying to jump into. Bridcutt often wins headers against taller players using the same technique.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm going to smack the back of your legs.

Away to Hull FA cup the same year as Peterborough's snow.

We went 2-0 up.
They got it back to 2-2 mid way through the second half.
Hull then had 30 or so corners, in front of their fans.
Finally we broke clear and the ball is looped into the penalty area in front of us.
We surge forward.
I fall over.
10 hands grab a part of me, any part, and lift.
As TC rises salmon-like to head in the winning goal.
I'm about a foot above us fans, side on, screaming my head off.

Happy happy days.

Correct & one of the legendary away games, I still recall that start as the best 30 minutes we have ever played, hull didn't touch the ball the whole time...Terry's diving header was sensational & not been bettered since, no better way to win a great game and boy did we celebrate it

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Best ...Bobby Smith, Alex Dawson and Sammy Morgan ( all, a long time ago! )
Worst....( in no particular order )...Sully, Wardy, Zamora, Dickinson and Buckley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He does have talents, he proved that last season but heading isn't one of them. In fact, I reckon he's the worst I've ever seen. Worse than Jake Robinson, he's that bad. Any other contenders?

Plenty, he's not as bad as you are suggesting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Correct & one of the legendary away games, I still recall that start as the best 30 minutes we have ever played, hull didn't touch the ball the whole time...Terry's diving header was sensational & not been bettered since, no better way to win a great game and boy did we celebrate it
I had the best view in the ground, by virtue of being a foot above everybody else.

I am right, they did have 40 corners in that second half, all down in the far right corner, from us.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yes sorry forgot about Alex, another great header of the ball, fearless leader of the line, don't make em like that anymore.

No, and they wouldn't be able to either with the greater protection given to players nowdays.

It was great though to see the black prince at full tilt with the opposition keeper fearfull that he'd end up in the back of the net along with the ball!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He does have talents, he proved that last season but heading isn't one of them. In fact, I reckon he's the worst I've ever seen. Worse than Jake Robinson, he's that bad. Any other contenders?

Has he started heading the ball? that's an improvement on last year when he seemed to duck out of the way everytime

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No, and they wouldn't be able to either with the greater protection given to players nowdays.

It was great though to see the black prince at full tilt with the opposition keeper fearfull that he'd end up in the back of the net along with the ball!

One of my Dawson recollections was him taking the p*** out of the keeper's beard and then, a few minutes later, powering the ball and the keeper into the net. Rather unfairly, the ref disallowed it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We did have a big lump, I think it was in Micky Adam's 2nd term and I think his name was George Santos.

Somebody called the phone-in after a particular game and describe Santos as have a head like a 50p and feet like Toberlerone!

Harty and I had to cover our microphones as we were pissing ourselves laughing at that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here