Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has there been a worse header of the ball than Bruno ever at the Albion

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Liam Dickinson NEVER headed a ball because he appeared to be scared of it so I reckon if it ever had made contact with his head, it'd be a shite header.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Terry Connor

#sacrilege
I'm going to smack the back of your legs.

Away to Hull FA cup the same year as Peterborough's snow.

We went 2-0 up.
They got it back to 2-2 mid way through the second half.
Hull then had 30 or so corners, in front of their fans.
Finally we broke clear and the ball is looped into the penalty area in front of us.
We surge forward.
I fall over.
10 hands grab a part of me, any part, and lift.
As TC rises salmon-like to head in the winning goal.
I'm about a foot above us fans, side on, screaming my head off.

Happy happy days.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Liam Dickinson NEVER headed a ball because he appeared to be scared of it so I reckon if it ever had made contact with his head, it'd be a shite header.

Liam Dickinson never headed a ball because he was too busy fireman carrying drunk mingers up West Street :lolol:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Buckley gave him a run for his money with the chance towards the end yesterday

Buckley gets about half a dozen excellent chances on his head per season and is useless in the air.

His goal-scoring record would improve dramatically if he only would address this obvious weakness in his game.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Go away ,too negative after one game.

It's not one game. I first commented to Stumpy Tim on his lack of ability in the air when we watched him play against Swindon at the beginning of last season. And I've noticed it ever since.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It's not one game. I first commented to Stumpy Tim on his lack of ability in the air when we watched him play against Swindon at the beginning of last season. And I've noticed it ever since.

Go away, obsessive then

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not for a long time. Need a leftback sharpish so calde can fill in at rightback. Bruno had a mare as he seems to do everytime he comes back from injury.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Go away, obsessive then

Obsessive? You fruit loop, it just comes from watching the Albion regularly and as with most fans building a picture of a players' abilities over time. I suppose each and every person who expressed an opinion on CMS last season is an obsessive too then.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
It's not just his heading though is it. He was a liability last year and wasn't great at Leeds by all accounts. A lot of fans seem to have been taken in by his good start last year but I would have Calde at right back any day. Maybe not as attacking but a lot more reliable defending!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
For all his twinkle toed genius Wardy couldn't head the ball to save his life.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Liam Dickenson - far, far worse...

THIS. Worst FOOTBALLER of all time at heading. Would flat out refuse to head the ball at times, and when he did, it was more of a case of the ball hitting his head than him heading it.

I even saw Bruno make a good clearing header in the Leeds game. Behave yourself, considering anyone to be worse than legendary Liam.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Best I ever saw for The Albion was Bobby Smith, could he head a ball or what, when it left Bobby's head it went like a bullet, mind you he was The England centre forward at one time, pure class.
Agree with that...and Alex Dawson...the worst was Michael Mahoney Johnson...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here