Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Relate to to anything. Just cos I may have had a bad day at the office I wouldn't turn round to my boss and say "here's my notice". You learn, develop and grow into your role. Clearly he didn't want to. No strength!!

It's not 'a bad day' though is it? It's a season-long project that hasn't fully come to fruition. You're comparing apples to sidecars.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sigh!

Hit the hay early as I'm early for work but insomnia kicked in and I just checked the news pages to find this breaking.

This really saddens me, as it suggests we are about to have our second successive close season thrown into chaos. On the face of it, if finishing sixth and having the potential to oversee the new academy is not enough for him then there must be some serious underlying issues at the club. This is deeply worrying and does give more credence to Gus's "ceiling" remarks last time round.

If Oscar doesn't fancy the hard graft that summer rebuilding requires then I will have lost quite a bit of respect for him.

:nono:

gully1984

May 3, 2014
It's not 'a bad day' though is it? It's a season-long project that hasn't fully come to fruition. You're comparing apples to sidecars.

You've hit my point exactly. After a season and he's quitting! The season has been good and he's quitting!!! I'm not interested in people like that. Have not time for it.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
You've hit my point exactly. After a season and he's quitting! The season has been good and he's quitting!!! I'm not interested in people like that. Have not time for it.

Which is funny 'cos you've missed my point exactly.

How do you KNOW this is not just him offering to fall on his sword? It would hardly be a world first where a disappointed employee has offered his resignation after what he may see as failure, without actually wanting to leave.

It is NOT necessarily 'quitting', as I think you well know. Offering to resign is basically saying "I'll go if you want me too."

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

How do you KNOW this is not just him offering to fall on his sword? It would hardly be a world first where a disappointed employee has offered his resignation after what he may see as failure, without actually wanting to leave.

It is NOT necessarily 'quitting', as I think you well know. Offering to resign is basically saying "I'll go if you want me too."

I heard about this last week and I would be very surprised if he doesn't appear at another club in the very near future. He is off and personally I won't be shedding any tears!

gully1984

May 3, 2014

Would you have seen Fergie do this? No! He's not cut out for the job, which is a shame as I kinda liked him.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Maybe someone in Derby told him that offering your resignation was the way to get what want. It work out really well for one of their mangers a few decades ago. Just a thought.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I didn't like Oscars comment on sky after the match - he was either saying he was off or that its not him that chooses who to buy.

There is obviously a problem as whilst a few of our players were good enough we didn't or couldn't afford to bolster the squad with players who could actually win us promotion and whilst TB has invested massively in the stadium and infrastructure he does not seem to want to use hard cash to buy anyone.

We need a new keeper, a new back four, 2 midfielders a winger and another striker and I'm not sure we can afford all that

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I don't blame any manager for leaving if he hasn't got full control over signings.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
you know the worst thing about all this?

ees not complicated.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To lose one manager may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two in two summers looks like carelessness, as another Oscar once said.

If the club isn't serving the manager with decent players and failed in the transfer market when overloaded with injuries, why would you want to bother if next season could be the same?

We were weaker after the January transfer market and Oscar was clearly unhappy as any normal person would have been.

Funny that, you laid the blame firmly at Gus's door for failing to keep Murray, but now suddenly nothing about the transfer market is the manager's fault any more. Double standards showing your biases I think.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Figured I'd tweet Noelia Deniz (remember her? Spanish writer type, spends most of her time with Barca and the reserves/youth teams, friends with Oscar) to see what she had to say about it.

Her response? "I cannot make any comments on this for now. I'm sorry."

Sometimes, as Ronan Keating would say, you say it best when you say nothing at all.

I believe he said that life is a roller coaster and you've just got to ride it!

Amazing foresight from the boy band crooner.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Injuries were significant. However the injuries either made him the unluckiest manager (never had a chance to show us what he was all about) or the luckiest (no one blamed him) when the performances ALL SEASON have been very poor.
Please tell me what Garcia's style is though? I haven't a clue.
He also seems to be tactically naive and is very defensive, even when the situation cries out for the opposite.
We are all allowed our opinion, mine is that I had doubts on the guy.

My hope is that the first 20 minutes against derby is Oscar's stlye and that he stays and is given the opportunity get his style going on a more regular basis. I think we have seen glimpses of it this season and that he need a fair crack at getting the side playing as he wants.

I hope he isn't resigning

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well that's a kick in the teeth. Pluck him from obscurity and give him a chance to build a team here, and he ****s off after one season?

If you're one of the people who said last year 'its great that we've got a loyal manager now', you must feel like a right chump.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Quit after 1 poor result? He certainly seemed to have his heart in the club last Saturday and after Thursday night, so I say bollocks.

Could not agree more. I thought the "Better ask the club" quote was a blinding parry and proves our Mr Garcia has a much better grasp of the English language. Besides why put agents on red alert, a stupid question which received the contempt it deserved. Of course Oscar is going to strengthen the team and will no doubt discuss his wish list with TB once the dust has settled and the club holiday is out of the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports