Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is not necessarily anything seriously wrong at the club. Gus and Oscar are both ambitious and realise with the funding available and the budgets of other clubs it is very difficult to achieve beyond a play off place. I believe Tony realises this and will have been happy with results and league placings. They though want to take advantage of better opportunities available and this is the football world as it is now.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
> Not kneejerk
> Doubted the manager before the halfway point of the season with a massive injury crisis

Ok m8 :thumbsup:

Injuries were significant. However the injuries either made him the unluckiest manager (never had a chance to show us what he was all about) or the luckiest (no one blamed him) when the performances ALL SEASON have been very poor.
Please tell me what Garcia's style is though? I haven't a clue.
He also seems to be tactically naive and is very defensive, even when the situation cries out for the opposite.
We are all allowed our opinion, mine is that I had doubts on the guy.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If OG wanted out, he'd simply go, not "offer to resign". If he has offered, I read it as him saying "we were poor, it's my fault, I'll go if you want". Ergo he'll be here for a good while longer.

Not necessarily, a straight resignation would be due compensation but offering a resignation is letting your bosses know you want to leave and it can be accepted without any cost.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I believe if he resigns, leaves and then joins someone else then the Albion would be due compensation. I might be wrong though.

This is correct. Most contracts like this will have a time restraint. I don t know about football but other contracts in other businesses normally have a 6 month period from the resign date

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I just hope it's a case of him feeling he's let the fans down. If there's another club in for him & that's the reason, fair enough, thanks Oscar, we move on.
If it's a case of him feeling unable to do his job as freely as he would like, then I'll be concerned.
I hope he stays & gets to recruit his choice of players.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Since before Christmas? So you were criticizing a manager who had less than 6 months experience in the league, was missing Bridcutt, Ulloa, Buckley and a few other of his most important players, but despite all this still had us 9th in the table?

Yes, what of it? I felt early on that something wasn't right. I'm allowed an opinion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
are you suggesting we read between the lines of your post? if so then, yes, this a look at me thread. if you know something more concrete either say it or say nothing at all.

You've got me. That's all it is. As everyone who actually know me will testify - I'm completely publicity-hungry. I crave attention on the internet from people who I'll never meet.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a sad reflection on football generally. Have the managers of the other 18 clubs below us been sacked or have offered their resignations or committed Seppuku ? Finishing sixth and failing in the play offs is not failure....unless you are Ernest.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
128736160275469991.jpg

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's a sad reflection on football generally. Have the managers of the other 18 clubs below us been sacked or have offered their resignations or committed Seppuku ? Finishing sixth and failing in the play offs is not failure....unless you are Ernest.

Very true

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, what of it? I felt early on that something wasn't right. I'm allowed an opinion.

The_Viper actually made my point better than me. You claim it's not knee jerk yet wanted him gone before Christmas. You're obviously clueless and for that reason I'm out.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

What is it then?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I am sad tbh, thought he was doing a good job. My first thought was that he offered to resign because he failed to get us up and felt it was the honorable thing to do. Possibly looking for confirmation that he is the one they want.
Maybe though, as others say, the working conditions are not to his liking. That will be a worry.
He is under contract so i assume the decision rests with management but maybe I am being naive.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here