Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gully1984

May 3, 2014
To be honest, it's a shame BUT ....I am not interested in having a manager who says he will resign and we then decide to keep him. We need someone dedicated to the cause. Just saying

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
You've got me. That's all it is. As everyone who actually know me will testify - I'm completely publicity-hungry. I crave attention on the internet from people who I'll never meet.

well, i don't actually know you so i can only judge by/respond to what you write on here. i am still failing to see the point of your post.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
To be honest, it's a shame BUT ....I am not interested in having a manager who says he will resign and we then decide to keep him. We need someone dedicated to the cause. Just saying

Is this not just OG doing the 'honourable' thing and offering to fall on his sword? There's no guarantee he actually wants to go.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
...for a job that isn't vacant.
Even if it were to become vacant, Mackay is clearly the wrong choice unless we fancy splashing millions and millions on it.

And if we splash millions (unlikely it seems) questions will be asked why it wast done before

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
With my recent experiences of staff at the club in any form of authority I am not surprised that Oscar wants out. We somehow seem to have gathered a right bunch of tw@ts. Ticket and shop staff are all great but beyond that..... Bunch of power crazy muppets.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Is this not just OG doing the 'honourable' thing and offering to fall on his sword? There's no guarantee he actually wants to go.

No really mate, it shows weakness and no mental strength in his character. We want leaders not quitters!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And if we splash millions (unlikely it seems) questions will be asked why it wast done before

Yup. Absolutely no indication that anyone in the club is looking to adopt the Forest approach. And why would they? Forest were a complete shambles this season.
So Mackay would be a stupid choice. The bookies and 50% of this forum it seems have it arse about face.
The club want someone who performs miracles on a shoestring. Gary Johnson should be the leading candidate on that basis.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Garcia came here and was generally confident in taking us up then he isn't that smart is he ?
Surely he must have known with budgets that this is a job that will take 3-4 years maybe.
WE ARE NOT going to throw huge money at it. We have to up the anti next season of course but even that guarantees the sum total of f uck all as to where we might finish. We're building......we have to have a manager who sees Blooms plan.
We are going to have to find a manager who plays in a similar style but who is prepared to stay around a while. F uck me are we really such a bad bet for the coming years.

I say all this of course on the speculation of OG going.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
How do you work that one out?

Relate to to anything. Just cos I may have had a bad day at the office I wouldn't turn round to my boss and say "here's my notice". You learn, develop and grow into your role. Clearly he didn't want to. No strength!!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Maybe he has been logging on to NSC often and decided to make this decision judging by the posts by the experts on here

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When a boss tells an employee who has offered to resign to "sleep on it" that normally means if you still feel the same way in the morning then I'll let you go. It's not something you'd say if you wanted that employee to stay and believed you could talk them round.

I see Sky are now reporting Oscar's offer to resign as their lead byline on the Derby play-off win.

This surprises me. Oscar said he had a feeling coming to the Albion was the right move last summer, and we were always unlikely to get promoted in his first year. So coming 6th is no surprise. All rather worrying.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No really mate, it shows weakness and no mental strength in his character. We want leaders not quitters!!

If the club isn't serving the manager with decent players and failed in the transfer market when overloaded with injuries, why would you want to bother if next season could be the same?

We were weaker after the January transfer market and Oscar was clearly unhappy as any normal person would have been.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Er, not being good enough over two games? Plenty below us have not been good enough over 46 games.

Ah, there was me thinking failure and failing were the same thing. Not that I mind coming 6th at all. Just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports