Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The latest on Oscar's reported resignation

I have spoken to the club tonight and they are not able to give any comment on Oscar's reported resignation at this time.

Oscar and Tony Bloom are due to meet in the next 24 to 48 hours, but such a meeting is always scheduled at the end of a season anyway.

At this point in time, Oscar Garcia remains the Albion's head coach.

(I'll merge this into the main thread in time, but wanted to stand alone for a short period of time for now)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is not good news as if we have another new manager we will struggle to get going again next season.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not according to Sky...

Brighton manager Oscar Garcia has offered to resign after defeat in the Championship play-off semi-finals to Derby County, according to Sky sources.

Garcia watched his side crumble to a 4-1 loss in the second leg at Pride Park on Sunday, and a 6-2 aggregate defeat in the tie overall.

The Spaniard, who took over from Gus Poyet following his resignation last May, cut a dejected figure after his team let promotion hopes slip through their fingers with a whimper.

And he has now told the south coast club that he wishes to leave.

However, it is believed the club's hierarchy have asked him to take more time to think things over ahead of further talks over his future in the coming days.

Brighton, who lost in the play-off semi-finals under current Sunderland boss Poyet last season, crept into this season's competition with a splurge of good results at the end of the campaign.

Garcia's side won 19 of their 46 games overall, and they fought gallantly into a 1-0 lead against Derby in the first leg at the Amex Stadium on Thursday, before seeing that overturned by Steve McClaren's in-form side.

It is though, it's still only a rumour.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Not that old chestnut about journeyman Lewis Grabban from Naylor. He wouldn't have made any difference.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Figured I'd tweet Noelia Deniz (remember her? Spanish writer type, spends most of her time with Barca and the reserves/youth teams, friends with Oscar) to see what she had to say about it.

Her response? "I cannot make any comments on this for now. I'm sorry."

Sometimes, as Ronan Keating would say, you say it best when you say nothing at all.
For me that confirms he has offered to resign, sad in my opinion.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How long is Oscar under contract?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Figured I'd tweet Noelia Deniz (remember her? Spanish writer type, spends most of her time with Barca and the reserves/youth teams, friends with Oscar) to see what she had to say about it.

Her response? "I cannot make any comments on this for now. I'm sorry."

Sometimes, as Ronan Keating would say, you say it best when you say nothing at all.

Wouldn't read too much into that; she knows no more than most posters on NSC. All of the stuff she tweeted about Garcia coming last summer and the Rodrgiuez transfer was 2nd hand.

Stopped following her months ago.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If he has resigned then he's gone, the club won't have to pay compensation. Suits everyone.
Garcia has shown me nothing in the last 10 months. I haven't a clue what his style of play is or his vision.
Use this as a blessing and get a proven manager in who has a track record of improving youngsters and experience of the championship.
Garcia was a massive gamble that has failed. This isn't knee jerk, I've been very open in my doubts about Garcia since before Xmas. Not that I'm happy about it, far from it.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
If he goes it'll be interesting to see if Bloom tries to continue with the 'passing game' we have apparently been seeing this season or whether he'll go British and change style a bit.

Most of the teams that get out of this division have British managers.

I have to say that if OG left and was replaced by Mackay or Clarke I wouldn't be too devastated as long as it happens quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports