Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not sure that I buy any of this. The Daily Mail also suggested that Leicester had offered £6.5m for Ulloa, which doesn't seem very likely. OK I may be wrong but both seem to be cheap stories.

I guess some might interpret this speculation as Oscar leaving in a fit of pique. The Albion know only too well that managers can make emotional comments within moments of losing in the play offs - but I'm not sure that the normally passive Oscar would be quite so impulsive.

I could understand if the man is merely being honourable and feels the need to offer his resignation to gain an assurance that he has the backing of the Club going into the 2nd year of his contract. I guess it will be interesting to see if the Club issue a statement reaffirming their support for Oscar after his 1st season etc etc.

In some ways Oscar would be better regarded right now if he had taken us to 7th rather than see our depleted squad getting exposed in the play offs. I think Oscar has done remarkably well in his first season, given all the injuries, players being sold and operating within FFP. I always felt he should be judged from next Xmas onward. Yes his tactics and team selections have been conservative but then he has never enjoyed the luxury of a fully fit squad, so I would not be surprised if he is allowed to continue into next season.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
One thing for sure is that Oscar wouldn't make it public after the the game as he keeps things close to his chest, and as for the "but has been told to sleep on it" sounds a bit fishy, I mean where would that part of the story come from?

Maybe from an Insomniac?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If this is true, then i am gutted. At the end of his TV interview, when asked about player recruitment he said "ask the club not me", not sure if that is linked in any way.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Has Michael Owen completed his coaching badges?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think Osca needs another year. Think of the turmoil he walked into when he joined the club. Half the dressing room wanting Gus back. He seemed to gel us together as a team.
He did not have a full closed season. He started the season with 8 first team injured. We have had no CMS nearly all season. One of his best players Bucko, playing 45 mins every three weeks or so. Crofts out and his replacement Stephens also not available. Yes we were poor today but had we have had a fit upson and/or not lost Greer so early, would we have done better? I think so.
I agree we need to get forward with more speed and purpose and maybe with the right players avaiable he may be able to do that.

Votes Green, end.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I know Zola is a good friend of poyets but the dust has settled with all of that , think he'd be perfect for the job.

Irrelevant as it's all conjecture but please not Zola.
The guy was clueless against Palace in last seasons playoff final, showed no passion or emotion stood with his hands in his pockets (sound familiar?) whilst Holloway motivated his team to victory.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Guardian reporting he has interest from La Liga & Premiership clubs

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
All the self righteous tw*ts on here calling for a ban on the OP should take a long look at themselves. The fact that the story broke here before anywhere else shows the true strength of a forum like this. Perhaps the powers that be should review just who should be getting banned - isn't the demanding of a yellow card for an opposition player itself deemed dissent and also a yellow card offence?? Absolute tw*ts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports