Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at Potter’s injury list, they are not exactly players who strike fear into the hearts of other teams. What has Boehly been spending money on? Can’t see him being allowed to open the cheque book again at this rate.
You mean Boehly won’t let himself open his own cheque book?

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Loving all the reactive abuse Swansmen receiving. The age of entitlement has arrived.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You mean Boehly won’t let himself open his own cheque book?
It's not just Boehly is it. There's other investment firms included in the ownership. He may be the most prominent, but he's not the only name holding a sharing interest.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Potter got a lot of plaudits from pundits and press the whole time he was here, but no doubt the timing really worked in his favor with some recency bias when Chelsea decided to move on from Tuchel.

It’s like any club if you watch week in week out you see the flaws in managers and players. Now and again you watch a game different teams and think x player is good and their fans will say na he’s shite most of the time.
We suffered long winless runs under Potter played well didn’t score and we all thought and the pundits it was a striker issue, nope RDZ has proved that isn’t the case at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Assuming Fulham fans

Fulham fans would surely be saying "I say, Graham old chap, keep persevering what! It's those wretched scoundrels in your team."

Through a mouthful of quinoa.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Potter got a lot of plaudits from pundits and press the whole time he was here, but no doubt the timing really worked in his favor with some recency bias when Chelsea decided to move on from Tuchel.

Interesting to see that.

As I wrote the other day, the run from April (particularly Arsenal and Spurs away; Man Utd and West Ham at home) really changed perception imo.

And the difference was Caicedo...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don’t get this why he is not on the team coach and getting his own transport (with some of the other coaches)?
hmmm because the squad had a meeting and voted him off.

Hardly a ringing endorsement, a handful of "those fans" that get there early to see the squad arrive and hang around afterwards for two hours just to get a blurry picture. Meanwhile three thousand or so other Chelsea fans disappear into the night.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Maybe if they were playing some distance away from Chelsea…..but Fulham away? Shrug
Players coach back to Cobham to collect cars? Surely they alll arrived together

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As if that's genuine Chelsea fans. Lols. 'Best manager in the world, bruv'.
They just lost to Fulham and their latest signing, his signing, got sent off.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Be interesting to see how this pans out in the coming weeks as in most organisations when the performance of you and your team ends up with your boss getting shit and having their judgement questioned you usually end up out of work pretty quickly.

Like the manager the new owner(s) are also trying to win over the fans so will see if they are happy to fund an expensive change of manager!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Although Boehly and the Chelsea board keep going on about patience and the "long term project", I do think if they drop down the table further and get close to the bottom 3 Potter will be gone. Interesting tweet quoted on the BBC site saying that Chelsea are on the same number of points at the same stage of the season as Blackpool in the 10/11 season when they ultimately went down.
The idea of Potter being Boehly's man and having a long term view is all well and good, until Potter starts failing to meet Boehly's minimum expectation.
Whilst there may not be any targets for his first season, there would have been an idea that Potter could function at this level.

Right now, I would imagine Todd is begin to reassess Potter's potential.
I don't think he will last if he loses on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here