Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Strange evening watching the game. When Chelsea's new guy saw red there was obviously a lot of camera shots focused on him. At this point our moggy jumped off the couch, trotted over to the TV and began to rub against it and purr. Then I remembered. Cats like Felix.
I’ll get your coat for you, and walk you to the door…

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
It`s not cats potter is missing it`s reindeer , transfer window still open so anything possible ............

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really struggling to predict this weekend.

On the one hand, both Brighton and Palace are lookng at games against big six (though not top six :lolol:) opposition with optimism of playing them at the right time, having a great chance of a win. Which would suggest the footballing gods spiting us by letting palace win their game while we get our arses handed to us.

On the other hand, Potter's first league game in charge of Chelsea was a win over Palace - something he never managed with us in 6 attempts. Can totally see the footballing gods spite us by having him do the double over them at first attempt.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Really struggling to predict this weekend.

On the one hand, both Brighton and Palace are lookng at games against big six (though not top six :lolol:) opposition with optimism of playing them at the right time, having a great chance of a win. Which would suggest the footballing gods spiting us by letting palace win their game while we get our arses handed to us.

On the other hand, Potter's first league game in charge of Chelsea was a win over Palace - something he never managed with us in 6 attempts. Can totally see the footballing gods spite us by having him do the double over them at first attempt.
I can always take a Palace defeat. Anyway, if that happens then the door’s ajar to go eight points clear of that lot and stay above Chelsea.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can always take a Palace defeat. Anyway, if that happens then the door’s ajar to go eight points clear of that lot and stay above Chelsea.
There is just one fixture I want Chelsea to do well in. It’s this one. That said, I did wand Palace to win the last match-up but I’ve re-set my notions to ‘normal’ now that Chelsea have proved to be an utter clusterfudge. Finishing above them both will trump our 9th place last season, even if we finish 10th or below, that’s what I want to see.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just seen this on the Chelsea forum ..

Oh dear

Graham Potter was appointed on September 12th. Droyman joined this forum on September 20th. Every post is effectively defending Potter and slagging the team off. Go on mate f*ck off and join the Potter forum, this one is for Chelsea fans.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I always liked Potter when he was here but the move to Chelsea and the way it was done ended that. What really sticks out for me though is what it says of ego. Chelsea at the best of times is an INSANE choice for his first, and if he gets sacked, probably only ever job at a big 6 club. To go there when they are in major transition shows either a massive ego or a level of confidence that doesn't allow for the self-awareness to be humble.

You could argue managers like Conte and Mourinho are the same, but they've earned it, and neither put any effort into portraying themselves as any different from ego driven narcissists, whereas Potter does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He does need to pick up a few wins or else he'll never limp into mid April.

Every comedic dream I've had about this cluster F appears to have come true.
This time I know I'm reaching but watching us do the double over them would end it (again) for me.

I know that's too much but let's keep the dream alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here