[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Could be a decent football discussion, but not with someone who thinks Shane Duffy and Ashley Barnes would be the best players in Brighton 2023.
And Leon Knight, with Poyet as manager

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Weird post. But about par for the course. Tuchel got sacked for no other reason than he refused to buy into the new owners 'collaborative approach' ie refused to be a Yes Man to whoever pays his wages. Unlike their current soppy tart of a head coach
He was also a total twonk. Remember his antics and interviews after our 2 draws against them last season? Graceless prick. He wound everyone up, other managers, probably his players, new owner, he was never going to last. He struck me as a total off the spectrum spoilt child that probably threw his toys out of the pram the moment he couldn't get his own way.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He was also a total twonk. Remember his antics and interviews after our 2 draws against them last season? Graceless prick. He wound everyone up, other managers, probably his players, new owner, he was never going to last. He struck me as a total off the spectrum spoilt child that probably threw his toys out of the pram the moment he couldn't get his own way.
I actually think hes ON the spectrum

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was also a total twonk.He struck me as a total off the spectrum spoilt child that probably threw his toys out of the pram the moment he couldn't get his own way.
Tuchel, Swansman or THPP?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Bollocks.

Those of us who strongly supported Potter even in the fallow periods did so because we could see that in the long run he was hugely improving our club and we saw the fruits of that at the end of last season and so far this season, not because we ever supported him more than the club.

Along with others at the club, he transformed our long term fortunes and image in his time with us and as much as I dislike him for leaving and I’m enjoying Chelsea’s struggles now, I’ll always respect him for what he did for us.

He is a quality coach/manager but unfortunately for him, he’s gone to the wrong club this time. He’ll be back.
Great post.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nah, I've said it would be interesting to have that dicussion with someone who understands a bit of football... and I genuinely mean that.
Ah, you said the 'understands football' thing. Sorry, did nobody tell you, you automatically lose the argument when you use that thing. Do not pass go :wave:

@Bozza can we please have a smiley for that thing where some sad sack uses the "doesn't understand football" thing - which only ever means they have a Big Brain opposing opinion to the person they're quoting :lol:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Ah, you said the 'understands football' thing. Sorry, did nobody tell you, you automatically lose the argument when you use that thing. Do not pass go :wave:

@Bozza can we please have a smiley for that thing where some sad sack uses the "doesn't understand football" thing - which only ever means they have a Big Brain opposing opinion to the person they're quoting :lol:
well as it’s 99% used by some smug poster, how about a picture of smug Eddie

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm quite sure you've heard it a lot. Whether you think it is a good argument or not is quite irrelevent - fact remains that I'm not particularly interested in discussing football with someone who has repeatedly shown to know absolutely nothing about this game. I made a mistake last week to go into a dicussion where you claimed that every defender in every team in football only wants to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible when they get it. What exactly would I gain from having a football discussion with someone who has no understanding of the game? Its as if Bobby Fischer would have a chess dicussion with his goldfish: he'd be wasting his time, and the goldfish wouldn't understand anything anyway. Pointless.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm quite sure you've heard it a lot. Whether you think it is a good argument or not is quite irrelevent - fact remains that I'm not particularly interested in discussing football with someone who has repeatedly shown to know absolutely nothing about this game. I made a mistake last week to go into a dicussion where you claimed that every defender in every team in football only wants to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible when they get it. What exactly would I gain from having a football discussion with someone who has no understanding of the game? Its as if Bobby Fischer would have a chess dicussion with his goldfish: he'd be wasting his time, and the goldfish wouldn't understand anything anyway. Pointless.
Good to know I still live rent-free inside your Potter-pining head. "Doesn't understand football" is Godwin's Law set to football. You lose. Speaking of which: do you ever actually go to football? What's the last match you saw outside of a VPN in mum's basement?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Standing his ground :ROFLMAO:

He is a spineless man. When he watches himself in the mirror, he sees perfection - no need to change, no need to improve. The mark of a weak man. Most of us can always get better.

Like you, when he wakes up in a puddle of shit in the morning, he blames the dog he never had. Every loss was due to the referee, the long bus journey, the weather, the pitch, one of his players... never once did he say "I take responibility".

Todd Boehly probably wanted a manager who takes responsibility and gets involved in all areas. Thomas Tuchel probably longed for the days when he was Roman Abramovichs pet terrier. Might even have wanted to get sacked so he can sit and roll his non-opposable thumbs while Roman finds a new club.
Be that as it may, but Meth Boy has actually won trophy’s of note. As you may have gathered I'm not a fan of Meth Boy as he a whiney little shit But he has won trophies.

Meth Boy fell out with Boehly as Boehly actively undermined him at every opportunity. Boehly like most colonial billionaires doesn’t tolerate people disagreeing with him, he like yes men ….. potter is bland enough to get away with way more than Meth Boy.

BTW, you have your head shoved so far up potters arse that I’m surprised we can’t see you when potter opens his mouth.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good to know I still live rent-free inside you Potter-pining head. "Doesn't understand football" is Godwin's Law set to football. You lose. Speaking of which: do you ever actually go to football? What's the last match you saw outside of a VPN in mum's basement?
Yes, I've understood that this is your opinion. I don't agree with it.

Last match I saw outside of a VPN in mum's basement was the first half of FC Twente vs Telstar in the Dutch cup five minutes ago, which I watched in my apartment. Last game I saw live was Lunds FF Women vs Teknologkårens IF in November (with the tech-students winning the friendly with 0-1). As you may or may not know, we play spring-autumn seasons so there's no live football in December, January and most of February.
Be that as it may, but Meth Boy has actually won trophy’s of note. As you may have gathered I'm not a fan of Meth Boy as he a whiney little shit But he has won trophies.

Meth Boy fell out with Boehly as Boehly actively undermined him at every opportunity. Boehly like most colonial billionaires doesn’t tolerate people disagreeing with him, he like yes men ….. potter is bland enough to get away with way more than Meth Boy.

BTW, you have your head shoved so far up potters arse that I’m surprised we can’t see you when potter opens his mouth.
Yeah Meth Boy has been in clubs and situations where winning trophys was actually possible. It is easier to win a trophy or two with PSG or Chelsea than with Swansea or Brighton.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is there any chance of going on this forum these days and not having a thread totally dominated by one poster (who’s never been to a game)? Even on ignore it makes it impossible to read ANY THREAD with all the quoting him ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, I've understood that this is your opinion. I don't agree with it.

Last match I saw outside of a VPN in mum's basement was the first half of FC Twente vs Telstar in the Dutch cup five minutes ago, which I watched in my apartment. Last game I saw live was Lunds FF Women vs Teknologkårens IF in November. As you may or may not know, we play spring-autumn seasons so there's no live football in December, January and most of February.

Yeah Meth Boy has been in clubs and situations where winning trophys was actually possible. It is easier to win a trophy or two with PSG or Chelsea than with Swansea or Brighton.
Good to hear. What's nicer than getting involved with your local community football club? :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports