Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jesus Christ.

Had a peek at the Chelsea forum.

My feelings have swiftly changed from schadenfreude to pity.

They despise Potter. Regard him as the worst manager in 30 years. As much as I love to see them fail, it's all a bit harsh.

Think Chelsea are just a horrible club with horrible fans to be fair.
They always have been. It’s a club that attracts the dregs for some reason.

i feel like I’ve devoted enough time thinking about GP now, it is what it is for him and us, I’m much more interested on our continuing development than the past.

Cheers Graham, enjoy Chelsea.

Hughton hugely improved our club not Potter. He’s the one that got us into the PL with some smart signings and to keep that team fighting after the disappointment of the previous season was class management.
People fawning over Potter because he got Dan Burn playing better isn’t really that much of an achievement 🙄😂.
Chelsea isn’t the wrong club he hasn’t won anything to justify a move to a champions league winning club. Looked lost yesterday against the Man City kids sprinkled with a few first team players.
He may coach a lower half PL side again although it won’t be with us we have a far better coach now thanks to the greed of Mr Potter.
Agree with a lot of what you say, but do disagree re not improving us. He certainly did. He is a greedy tosser though, I agree with that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Been given a vote of confidence from Toddy apparently so Chelsea fans will just have to suffer
Yeah looks like they're just going to have to wait a bit longer for the magic saviour who is absolutely no doubt going to take them straight to the top.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah looks like they're just going to have to wait a bit longer for the magic saviour who is absolutely no doubt going to take them straight to the top.
The one with a load of passion and personality and experience at this level you mean? I guess they could always ask the previous guy back :shrug:

FcCwTb8X0AEECYH.jpg_large.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeffrey Dahmer also had a lot of "personality", doesn't make me like him and also probably didn't make him any less of a good football coach than someone with a sensible personality.
Weird post. But about par for the course. Tuchel got sacked for no other reason than he refused to buy into the new owners 'collaborative approach' ie refused to be a Yes Man to whoever pays his wages. Unlike their current soppy tart of a head coach

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Weird post. But about par for the course. Tuchel got sacked for no other reason than he refused to buy into the new owners 'collaborative approach' ie refused to be a Yes Man to whoever pays his wages. Unlike their current soppy tart
Tuchel had a worse run of results than Potter has had a Chelsea and it was his team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Weird post. But about par for the course. Tuchel got sacked for no other reason than he refused to buy into the new owners 'collaborative approach' ie refused to be a Yes Man to whoever pays his wages. Unlike their current soppy tart
Yup, that plus poor results, and any Premier League coach would be sacked if they were publicly saying they didn't want to collaborate with the people running the club. Having a No Man in charge is just not going to work in a professional football club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, that plus poor results, and any Premier League coach would be sacked if they were publicly saying they didn't want to collaborate with the people running the club. Having a No Man in charge is just not going to work in a professional football club.
Man in charge has to have the footballing experience and backbone to stand his ground against a demanding owner tho eh? The big gun managers in the Abramovich era all knew what they'd signed up for, 100% knew they'd be sacked with a handsome layoff at some point, and accepted it as the rules of the game and swatted the media aside like flies. Poor old Potter is horribly out of his depth on all fronts. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Man in charge has to have the footballing experience and backbone to stand his ground against a demanding owner tho eh? The big gun managers in the Abramovich era all knew what they'd signed up for, 100% knew they'd be sacked with a handsome layoff at some point, and accepted it as the rules of the game and swatted the media aside like flies. Poor old Potter is horribly out of his depth on all fronts. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost...
Standing his ground :ROFLMAO:

He is a spineless man. When he watches himself in the mirror, he sees perfection - no need to change, no need to improve. The mark of a weak man. Most of us can always get better.

Like you, when he wakes up in a puddle of shit in the morning, he blames the dog he never had. Every loss was due to the referee, the long bus journey, the weather, the pitch, one of his players... never once did he say "I take responibility".

Todd Boehly probably wanted a manager who takes responsibility and gets involved in all areas. Thomas Tuchel probably longed for the days when he was Roman Abramovichs pet terrier. Might even have wanted to get sacked so he can sit and roll his non-opposable thumbs while Roman finds a new club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Standing his ground :ROFLMAO:

He is a spineless man. When he watches himself in the mirror, he sees perfection - no need to change, no need to improve. The mark of a weak man. Most of us can always get better.

Like you, when he wakes up in a puddle of shit in the morning, he blames the dog he never had. Every loss was due to the referee, the long bus journey, the weather, the pitch, one of his players... never once did he say "I take responibility".

Todd Boehly probably wanted a manager who takes responsibility and gets involved in all areas. Thomas Tuchel probably longed for the days when he was Roman Abramovichs pet terrier. Might even have wanted to get sacked so he can sit and roll his non-opposable thumbs while Roman finds a new club.
Nurse! The screens! @Swansman's medication's wearing off again! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here