Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has everyone got back to ignoring England...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lol not angry I just not gonna be patronised by anyone. Esp a kraut lover who's not even German!

But it's entirely fine to be rude to me?

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Today, Big Brother is sending Stephanie on a secret mission to test George’s loyalty and love for her, making him go to the end of the earth and back to keep her happy. Will she manage to not give the game away and win herself a reward?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've got that earmarked as standby, if the England one is a shocker!

To be honest I don't think the Deutsche game will be that great. I feel tonight is leg-stretching and avoiding injury with a make-shift team. 2-0 to Argentina.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Shhhh half of NSC are v plastic when it comes to our great country - they even start club v country threads :facepalm:

Most of them would give a different answer to the club vs country question if you asked it three months ago...

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
First England Captain to lead the team out wearing a wig.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is good, but, I believe that there is a financial pay back to the clubs by the England RFU. The Premiership clubs earn so much that having players on England duty is more a liability in case they get injured.

Premiership clubs do get compensation for each player they provide.

There is a bit of a showdown going on over the fixture lists during the RWC next year though. Clubs are concerned about the potential loss in revenue if league fixtures are not played during that period.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
I Love Sky+.
You can pause, tidy the kitchen, load the dishwasher, make a cuppa, come back in half an hour, fast forward (30x) and its still 0-0.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
First half over and same old story. Basic technical skill lacking - Sturridge and Oxo both failing to control through-balls, hence poor shots. Rooney looking off the pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here