Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Dunk peaked?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He made a bad mistake, but then so did Webster in the first half which Ronaldo should've done better with. So did Bissouma for the first goal. So did Sanchez when he passed it straight to Ronaldo inside our own box.

Dunk has come back time and time again and has been one of our most consistently good players throughout the Premier League era.

So no, he hasn't peaked, people are angry with this error today and because we just lost, but I think there was so many out of characters all over the pitch that it is very harsh to scapegoat him for his.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I admit this is probably just my disappointment rising up, or just me venting, but has Dunk peaked? Before he got injured, he was making a few dodgy decisions and he was a bit too slow. Now we know he has lapses in concentration and has a red card in nearly every season, but against Spurs he was bad. Against Watford he was better making good blocks, but when Dennis ran at him, he was beaten every time. Today has shown why he never gets picked for England, but i'm wondering if at 30, he may have started to decline slightly. I still love the guy, but maybe it's time to find another first pick centre back and have him as back up?

No.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I admit this is probably just my disappointment rising up, or just me venting, but has Dunk peaked? Before he got injured, he was making a few dodgy decisions and he was a bit too slow. Now we know he has lapses in concentration and has a red card in nearly every season, but against Spurs he was bad. Against Watford he was better making good blocks, but when Dennis ran at him, he was beaten every time. Today has shown why he never gets picked for England, but i'm wondering if at 30, he may have started to decline slightly. I still love the guy, but maybe it's time to find another first pick centre back and have him as back up?

How quick to jump on and criticise? Think you have peaked ! Or maybe hit a trough !

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
all the time we insist on pissing about at the back he is in the crosshairs of quick players who will milk cards from him , especially at O T with the most disgraceful homer of a ref you are ever likely to see.

pissing about at the back works against some teams but not against Man U at O.T.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
No he hasn’t peaked, he just made a mistake during two minutes of frustrating sloppiness.

Has Bissouma peaked due to his error that lead to the goal.
Or possibly Sanchez has, given his penchant for passing to opposing strikers.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
all the time we insist on pissing about at the back he is in the crosshairs of quick players who will milk cards from him , especially at O T with the most disgraceful homer of a ref you are ever likely to see.

pissing about at the back works against some teams but not against Man U at O.T.

This pissing about certainly worked in the first half.

We lost really because the have a finisher of some repute, and we don't

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Put it this way, even before the latest injury, he was deservedly a long way from ever being an England player. That ship had sailed.

At the highest level (CL/internationals) he has a lack of pace and a tendency to unsubtly foul when beaten on the counter. In the VAR era that’s a red.

Hopefully for us, he’ll be able to play many more seasons using his strengths of organising, aerial ability and passing.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
His error was not as bad as Webster’s in the first half.

Lots of sloppy play today.

Suspect burnley will beat us as we will now be knackered and not fired up as already on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn

I do not think he was the only player at the back to make a ricka!! The one thing that Townsend got right in his analysis that the team were sloppy at the beginning of the second half.
The premier league is the best in the world and Manure have got some of the best rated players in the world, one lapse is going to cost you, Lewis has got to get back up to speed, tonight he was reminded of that, maybe the knee is still an issue and he is trying to brave it out or be Duffy'ed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Peaked? At 30? Possibly - he might not get any better now - but peaked as in 'on the downward slope'? No way!

He can realistically stay at his present 'peaked' level for another two, three, four years. Yes, succession planning means that we'll have to consider life without Dunk at some point - that point is not yet though! - although I wouldn't be at all surprised if the club are planning for two or three years down the line already.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Has he peaked, yes, as many have said probably 2 years ago, like most players the peak is around 28. If the question is “ is he a very good premier league central defender “ the answer is yes. Next year he may not be 1st choice CB, but at the moment he is perfectly capable in that position, and probably has another 3 or 4 years at this level.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He's still carrying an injury sadly as such not back to his very best, I really don't think it was a red card Webster had it covered

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Put it this way, even before the latest injury, he was deservedly a long way from ever being an England player. That ship had sailed.

At the highest level (CL/internationals) he has a lack of pace and a tendency to unsubtly foul when beaten on the counter. In the VAR era that’s a red.

Hopefully for us, he’ll be able to play many more seasons using his strengths of organising, aerial ability and passing.

I know Reds are an occupational hazard for defenders but is Dunk above the average? How many has he had in his career so far?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
His error was not as bad as Webster’s in the first half.

Lots of sloppy play today.

Suspect burnley will beat us as we will now be knackered and not fired up as already on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloppy at Spurs too. Maybe we are just a bit sloppy and that’s all there is to it. Football would be dull if sides like us didn’t contribute sloppiness. Maybe there should be more prizes for sloppy sides other than relegation?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Given the way Burn handled Lukaku and the way Dunk played tonight against an equally strong strike force, I can’t help thinking we may have made a mistake.

I so hope not. If Dunk is still carrying an injury he shouldn’t have been playing. I think he was just caught out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here