Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Cameron blown it with the EU negotiations ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Nothing like a big fat conspiracy theory. We've had one Outer muttering about vote-rigging. What's your predication for the Naughty Stakes?

There will be a lot of money (and therfore 'power') behind the vote to stay in. Exactly how that manifests remains to be seen...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If the country votes OUT i suspect the EU will suddenly come up with a good offer. Crazy days

You're not suggesting that if we give the wrong answer that the EU would want us to vote again surely ?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If the country votes OUT i suspect the EU will suddenly come up with a good offer. Crazy days

I suspect that should we vote out and leave, it may come to a point in the (distant) future* where we would be far better off within the EU again and we look to rejoin then we would probably end up having to give up a lot (probably including things like our currency) to get in, (more than we have given up now) and may suffer in the meantime as we may get isolated economically

(*once the Eu has sorted out the early teething problems and become far stronger and important globally on political and economic grounds - it's trying to create something that can compete with the US and China, and other major economic powers which as individual states, they would otherwise struggle)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
None of these will prevent the out vote....Paying child maintenance for kids in other countries is just ludicrous anyway amongst many other things.
Just seems completely pointless and he knows it.Let the real people decide...The ones that work their socks off for their country and not the idiotic corporate giants who will do anything to protect their profits.
Let's hope people see sense and realise what a crock of shite the EU is and fast forward to what will happen if the YES vote happens as the EU will bleed us dry amongst many other things.

He's embarrassed us end of.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Then that's what we should do.

There are pros and cons with being part of the EU, but the thing that bothers me the most if that we're treated like shit and it's unfair on us. We Brits like fairness, and hate corruption, and we're taken by the EU for fools.

We're not treated like 'shit' anymore than any other country is. It's tragic how a victim mentality has emerged. Are we really so insecure as to think it's us against the world, standing on the White Cliffs and singing our sad Millwall song?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Without really knowing the advantages and disadvantages of leaving the EU, at the moment I am leaning towards leaving the EU.
At the moment, I get the feeling we are living in the United States of Europe, we can have our own laws, bit they must conform to the EU laws, we put so much in but what do we get in return?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're not treated like 'shit' anymore than any other country is.
Of course we are. Rules are made to determine the subsidies countries get, and the payments the countries should make. Things like the common agricultural policy, fishing rights etc. When decisions like that are made, there are winners and losers, so to assume that all countries get the same deal is naive.

It's tragic how a victim mentality has emerged. Are we really so insecure as to think it's us against the world
It's not the world, it's the EU, who treat us like the bank of mum & dad.
standing on the White Cliffs and singing our sad Millwall song?
Is that your argument?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I suspect that should we vote out and leave, it may come to a point in the (distant) future* where we would be far better off within the EU again and we look to rejoin then we would probably end up having to give up a lot (probably including things like our currency) to get in, (more than we have given up now) and may suffer in the meantime as we may get isolated economically

(*once the Eu has sorted out the early teething problems and become far stronger and important globally on political and economic grounds - it's trying to create something that can compete with the US and China, and other major economic powers which as individual states, they would otherwise struggle)
The death of our great country that would be...We don't need the EU and they will be desperate for our trade regardless.
That's a defeatist post and I long for the day when the British people become strong again unlike the wimpy people of today...This is Great Britain and we have always stood strong and succeeded and we will again soon I hope just like the previous hundreds of years.
Do people really want to be part governed by a bunch of idiots in Brussels seriously?
Do you want 300/400/500 thousand migrants every year flocking in?
To many reasons to leave and very few reasons to stay if any.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We're not treated like 'shit' anymore than any other country is. It's tragic how a victim mentality has emerged. Are we really so insecure as to think it's us against the world, standing on the White Cliffs and singing our sad Millwall song?

Quite we're not treated like 'shit', we are treated equally, and not like the colonial overlords some seem to think we still are.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suspect that should we vote out and leave, it may come to a point in the (distant) future* where we would be far better off within the EU again and we look to rejoin then we would probably end up having to give up a lot (probably including things like our currency) to get in
So you think the EURO will still be a currency in 30 years? Surely no British government could be stupid enough to think joining the EURO would be good for Britain.

We can have European trade agreements without having political union.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The death of our great country that would be...We don't need the EU and they will be desperate for our trade regardless.
That's a defeatist post and I long for the day when the British people become strong again unlike the wimpy people of today...This is Great Britain and we have always stood strong and succeeded and we will again soon I hope just like the previous hundreds of years.
Do people really want to be part governed by a bunch of idiots in Brussels seriously?
Do you want 300/400/500 thousand migrants every year flocking in?
To many reasons to leave and very few reasons to stay if any.

:salute:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Fundamentally I'm on the left and pro European in the believe that it should be a progressive cause for dealing with social, security and environmental issues. But it ain't working and Cameron's deal weakens that further and as such I am out.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You do REALISE if we vote OUT that is it, there won't be any renegotiations

Maybe, maybe not. I am not advocating an out vote to get a better deal, that would be foolish. What i am saying is that i ouldnt be surprised if the uk votes out all sort of things are proposed to make us reconsider. It wouldnt take much to get another votegoing if a party wanted it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here