Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Cameron blown it with the EU negotiations ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The news coming out is that Cameron seems to have achieved more than most thought possible. He gave an eloquent but succinct speech on the outcome and the fact that if the deal stood he would campaign to keep the UK in the EU.

At the same time Gove backs BRexit, while the OUT campaign meeting tonight showed George Galloway in support of Nigel Farage's views.

Today has been a good day for Cameron. I am a committed European and will vote IN, it is a disappointing that a dysfunctional EU and a historically stand-offish UK have reached this point, I would have preferred us to have shaped the project more in the 80s and 90s.

I just hope that having got a deal Cameron commits to the EU, puts his heart and soul into the campaign and starts to show more solidarity with our EU partners rather than looking purely at British self-interest.

This. European and proud

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The news coming out is that Cameron seems to have achieved more than most thought possible. He gave an eloquent but succinct speech on the outcome and the fact that if the deal stood he would campaign to keep the UK in the EU.
Well, he was never going to say anything different, was he? But yes, he can spin very eloquently.

At the same time Gove backs BRexit, while the OUT campaign meeting tonight showed George Galloway in support of Nigel Farage's views.
I think you'll find it's not just Nigel Farage's views. Or are you just trying to make that a derogatory comment?

Today has been a good day for Cameron. I am a committed European and will vote IN, it is a disappointing that a dysfunctional EU and a historically stand-offish UK have reached this point, I would have preferred us to have shaped the project more in the 80s and 90s.
It's a shame then that Margaret Thatcher was foisted on the country back then. Mind you, her hand-bagging of the EU was a resounding success, wasn't it - she ended up signing the Single European act anyway.

I just hope that having got a deal Cameron commits to the EU, puts his heart and soul into the campaign and starts to show more solidarity with our EU partners rather than looking purely at British self-interest.
Actually I think most people would prefer a PM who puts British interests (self or otherwise) first.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gove, Galloway, Farage.....do you need any more evidence to vote in?

D

Deleted member 22389

Why don't you mention some of the other people that where at the meeting, Gove wasn't one of them by the way.
The whole point of Grassroots Out is to bring people together from all political parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22389

Well, he was never going to say anything different, was he? But yes, he can spin very eloquently.

I think you'll find it's not just Nigel Farage's views. Or are you just trying to make that a derogatory comment?.

He obviously didn't bother to watch the live stream and picked up on a few headlines.If he had bothered to watch he would have seen a variety of speakers from all political parties. This is how it should be, it's not a left or right issue anymore, the issue is about our own future.

Feb 14, 2010
Blown what? Whether for or against, I would of thought voting every few years on whether people want something is quite a good idea, something called democracy I understand. We might want to try it out with the monarchy as well. Any chance of considering an issue instead of a childish headline?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Strangely I don't base my vote on who else might vote the same way as me - I consider myself slightly more intelligent than that. And even if I did, I'd rather side with politicians that have some umph and gile such as Galloway and Farage than the indentikit 'couldn't give a toss about normal people' politicians that make up a large percentage of both the Tory and Labour parties.

Me, I'm still voting OUT. The deal is a sham, note the time limits on some parts - what happens when those time limits run out ? Ah yes, back as we were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here