Has Bloom Biten Off More Than He Can Chew?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
As his investment(s) in the club have been a small percentage of his personal wealth I doubt very much he is out of his depth. A very shortist comment may I add.

And we know what his personal wealth is.....how?
It's been mentioned various times that he is a billionaire however he doesn't appear on any rich lists, his professional poker profile lists his career winnings as just over £1m. All we know is second hand comments and something to go with property investment.
As far as I'm aware know one actually knows how much money he has and is it not totally conceivable that he might not have anywhere near as much as people think/hope he has.....?
Obviously, if you have proof the boys obscenely minted I'd love to see it and would eat my words.

EastStandUpper01

May 12, 2014
Yes, incredible investment into the stadium and training complex, but seemingly out of his depth as far as player investment is concerned.

Is FFP a smokescreen for him to justify a lack of player investment?

IMO we should be eternally grateful for what he's done for the club, but is it time he lowered his and our expectations?

We constantly hear "Top six is the target" yet sell Barnes, Bridcutt and El Abd at the end of a January transfer window.

Time for our targets to reflect the level (or lack off) on field investment

So many negative threads since the defeat against Derby. Are people forgetting where we were 3 years ago and how quickly we've developed into a well respected Championship Club! We are a team others are scared to play. Couldn't be prouder to be a fan of this club! :albion2:

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
We really do have some f*cking idiots supporting this club don't we.

God above.

If I was Bloom I'd have their season tickets ripped up and their social media accounts blocked from all thing brighton. Don't need them.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If I was Bloom I'd have their season tickets ripped up and their social media accounts blocked from all thing brighton. Don't need them.

I'd hasten to add that had Bloom spent less on Stadium/Infrastructure/Training Facilities, and more on overpriced gambles, these people would probably be moaning as to why we weren't looking at doing things in a more sustainable manner.

I also suggest they've got extremely short memories. Given the club has broken our transfer record 3 or 4 times (along with numerous other big signings), in the last couple of years.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And we know what his personal wealth is.....how?
It's been mentioned various times that he is a billionaire however he doesn't appear on any rich lists, his professional poker profile lists his career winnings as just over £1m. All we know is second hand comments and something to go with property investment.
As far as I'm aware know one actually knows how much money he has and is it not totally conceivable that he might not have anywhere near as much as people think/hope he has.....?
Obviously, if you have proof the boys obscenely minted I'd love to see it and would eat my words.

agree, he's a legend for all he's done, but nobody has the first clue how much he's actually worth except Bloom himself. Is the Albion investment a slice of a billion pound fortune, or has he leveraged his assets with debt to bankroll his club?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I don't think anyone would deny that Tony Bloom has spent a lot of money on infrastructure and players. However the spend on infrastructure has created an expectation that we would be more competitive in the player market than we have been. Also having the highest gates in the championship gives a similar expectation. There may be good reasons that Tony has chosen this route but I don't think they have been fully explained. At a very simple level, I suspect some fans think, if i was a billionaire and had spent £150 million on infrastructure, I would say sod FFP lets spend another £50 million and make sure we get promoted.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I'd hasten to add that had Bloom spent less on Stadium/Infrastructure/Training Facilities, and more on overpriced gambles, these people would probably be moaning as to why we weren't looking at doing things in a more sustainable manner.

I also suggest they've got extremely short memories. Given the club has broken our transfer record 3 or 4 times (along with numerous other big signings), in the last couple of years.

Exactly! We have a small minority on NSC that seem to make to much noise for their own good. We should be able to perma ban them from NSC.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Well if anyone else had £200 million burning a hole in their pocket I am sure Tony Bloom would be all ears.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
agree, he's a legend for all he's done, but nobody has the first clue how much he's actually worth except Bloom himself. Is the Albion investment a slice of a billion pound fortune, or has he leveraged his assets with debt to bankroll his club?

Agreed. As per my previous thread.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports