Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has any poster been in prison?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Wouldnt have wanted to do it any longer to be honest...amazing how clean your flat looks though, when you come home!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Young Offenders Centre in Suffolk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Played Basketball against Lewes prison a couple of times.

I also played Basketball against Lewes prisoners on many occassions they always played at home. Also played cricket at Ford and meet an an Ablion Fan who was one of our hard boys!!!!!!!!!!doing time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I also played Basketball against Lewes prisoners on many occassions they always played at home. Also played cricket at Ford and meet an an Ablion Fan who was one of our hard boys!!!!!!!!!!doing time.

So come on then Birdman, tell us, did you make it to dry land?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Been to Broadmoor working there was there the day Sutcliffe got stabbed ,also played cricket against the inmates .Sat down at tea when an inmate seeing my mate in a West ham shirt informed my mate that he was Spurs ,my mate then asked him if he got down the lane much cue lots of laughter from us .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Been to Broadmoor working there was there the day Sutcliffe got stabbed ,also played cricket against the inmates .Sat down at tea when an inmate seeing my mate in a West ham shirt informed my mate that he was Spurs ,my mate then asked him if he got down the lane much cue lots of laughter from us .

Haha! Brilliant comeback.

Would have been better if he was millwall! Do you get over the wall much:facepalm:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
went to Aldington,Kent Detention Centre

I think they called it short,sharp,shock

making yards & yards of chain link fencing

the sports was pretty physical,lots of circuit training

but I was already fit as a butcher's dog before I went in there

I was running the hod at the time,the days when you were expected to go up and down ladders all day

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Always fancied myself as a lifer.

I like being on my own, don't mind a lie down and I read a lot of books.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Visited HMP Lewes on many occasions for work purposes over a 30 year period or so. Can't say I ever found it a pleasurable experience even though the facilities have greatly improved since the '80s when it was still largely the old Victorian wings and they were still slopping out. Those who think prison (well a Category B prison anyway) is a cushy existence would be in for a serious shock.

I have always felt that youngsters of risk of going off the rails should get to sample life in a higher category prison as (hopefully) a deterrent. Ok it won't steer everyone away from a life of serious crime but if it deters a handful then wouldn't be a bad thing. It is a very oppressive atmosphere. Being locked in there for any period must be very difficult for most although there are some who get institutionalised. The segregation areas and hospital are especially tense with some very disturbed inmates with psychological / HIV / Hep positive and drug habits. Plus those who self harm and dirty protest.

I have admiration for Prison staff and especially those working in the hospital wing. I was always surprised at the number of female staff, it can't be pleasurable and they must be made of stern stuff.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I believe Glasfryn has spent a lot of time in Prison. He probably doesn't like to talk about it. :lolol:

just had a quick count up and its up to 21 that's including Broadmoor and Rampton and even done a bit of detached duty at Hollaway (and the bloke I was there with had to ask why were some of the broom handles square)

great time in my life and great mates

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Worked in Ford for a couple of days back in the 70's.Was asked by a lifer to bring in some Playboys and Penthouses. I politely refused.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes.

In 1972, I was sent to prison by a military court for a crime I didn't commit. I promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground.

Today, still wanted by the government, I survive as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me, maybe you can hire me for odd jobs around the house, gardening, cleaning, car washing etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here