Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What exactly is Harty suggesting Barber has got wrong? Wasn't it Tony who appointed Sami?

Bizarre that this is a rant against Barber when all key decisions must go through and be approved by Tony Bloom?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What absolute horseshit this is:

I’m not for one minute suggesting that Paul Barber, or anyone else at the club is controlling or censoring the forum, but as emotions run high certain threads have been deemed controversial /libellous by moderators and have been removed.

I actually think theres something in Hartys comments. Whether you like it or not, whether comments have been posted or not, warnings over a considerable time from Mods do make you wonder whether to publish controversial opinions or not. It's not as clear in the mind of a typical poster, compared to perhaps someone with a better understanding of law and the chances of being sued as yourself, to post or not to. I've read a few threads where posters have queried or warned that another post is potentially libellous. The fact no action has been taken means it probably wasn't, but people are in in doubt so it's probable some comments aren't posted. For all of those who are very grateful to you for providing NSC, there are occasional times where posters are in some doubt as to what they can say because they know big brother is watching. And we all know that in the world of law, the biggest wallet often wins so who will take that sort of chance - even if they were correct, doesn't make them right if someone else with more money can prove them wrong. But that is life so for the sake of an Internet chatroom, only an idiot would risk this - much to your relief I guess?!

Think you've been a bit hasty with your opinion this is "Horseshit"...maybe it's just Bull? ;)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ex-member of the inner sanctum now on the outside pissing in.
Somewhat reminiscent of a bitter old lady who can't forgive her first love for ditching her years before.
Sad but at least he has a soul mate in that other malcontented old biddy - our very own Enrest. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I actually think theres something in Hartys comments. Whether you like it or not, whether comments have been posted or not, warnings over a considerable time from Mods do make you wonder whether to publish controversial opinions or not. It's not as clear in the mind of a typical poster, compared to perhaps someone with a better understanding of law and the chances of being sued as yourself, to post or not to. I've read a few threads where posters have queried or warned that another post is potentially libellous. The fact no action has been taken means it probably wasn't, but people are in in doubt so it's probable some comments aren't posted. For all of those who are very grateful to you for providing NSC, there are occasional times where posters are in some doubt as to what they can say because they know big brother is watching. And we all know that in the world of law, the biggest wallet often wins so who will take that sort of chance - even if they were correct, doesn't make them right if someone else with more money can prove them wrong. But that is life so for the sake of an Internet chatroom, only an idiot would risk this - much to your relief I guess?!

Think you've been a bit hasty with your opinion this is "Horseshit"...maybe it's just Bull? ;)

The only warnings regarding libellous postings, that I have read recently, have been regarding politicians and alleged paedophiles. I have read practically every thread, every day, and seen no warnings about the results, the club, the board, or the manager.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I remember you trying to make Njnja Elephant thank you for having a club to support.

#strokeyourego

That makes you a stalker then, or a bitter old bint with an axe to grind keeping tabs on people's post from years ago in case they dare to disagree with you!

For the record, I don't remember, I know -because of your daily postings -that you're a bit of a fecking nob. Not my opinion, just repeating others, like. Enjoy!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know it's getting late, but should I be getting the Pringles out? I've got a good feeling about this thread.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That makes you a stalker then, or a bitter old bint with an axe to grind keeping tabs on people's post from years ago in case they dare to disagree with you!

For the record, I don't remember, I know -because of your daily postings -that you're a bit of a fecking nob. Not my opinion, just repeating others, like. Enjoy!

Boo hoo.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The only warnings regarding libellous postings, that I have read recently, have been regarding politicians and alleged paedophiles. I have read practically every thread, every day, and seen no warnings about the results, the club, the board, or the manager.

Precisely my point though- chances of Westminster or whoever versus the club keeping tabs on this forum must be lop-sided?

PS where do you get the time to read everything?! Blimey, hats off to you. Or maybe, why don't you? ;)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Precisely my point though- chances of Westminster or whoever versus the club keeping tabs on this forum must be lop-sided?

PS where do you get the time to read everything?! Blimey, hats off to you. Or maybe, why don't you? ;)

I'm retired. I've got nothing better to do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Harty had contacts within the club but has never been one" to tow the club line" if he disagreed with something or somebody he spoke about it to bring it to the forefront. Long may it continue.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know it's getting late, but should I be getting the Pringles out? I've got a good feeling about this thread.

nah, shows over kid. My train is nearly home!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What absolute horseshit this is:

I’m not for one minute suggesting that Paul Barber, or anyone else at the club is controlling or censoring the forum, but as emotions run high certain threads have been deemed controversial /libellous by moderators and have been removed.

Sorry Darren lovely family man that you are, and without doubt a Brighton fan through and through but how come Paul Samrah has a conversation with Paul Barber on a Sunday and then verbatim you post EXACTLY what Paul Barber said the following day?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm retired. I've got nothing better to do.

Shouldn't you be gardening or planning next years tomato crop then? Christ, pensioners aren't wjat they used to be ;) This country has gone to the dogs...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Somewhat reminiscent of a bitter old lady who can't forgive her first love for ditching her years before.
Sad but at least he has a soul mate in that other malcontented old biddy - our very own Enrest. :shrug:

Don't buy that at all. Anyone who thinks that Ian Hart has ever been a member of an Albion establishment must have been doing something else during the club's troubled years.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Blimey - I think Harty would be extremely surprised to learn that he'd ever been a member of any inner sanctum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here