Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool United vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Thread***

MonkeyBusiness

Nov 13, 2010
We are not doing what promotion teams are meant to do, playing below par and get a result. Exactly the opposite, we are playing well and not getting the results drawing at home to Rochdale and Bournemouth when we should have won and failing to get results at Sheffield Wednesday. Underachieving by results.

I could say the same about some of our games, as could other teams. We murdered Rochdale at their place and drew nils apiece. We let swindon and Br Rovers back from 2 nil down to draw. How bad is that? We're still near the bottom of the table despite some cracking performances. You're six points clear at the top so stop worrying. Do you want every team to roll over and give you 3 points? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if we where only 6 points clear at the top.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Just got home from the game.

I don't think Hartlepool used rough house tactics, both teams played hard.

It would have been a very different game if Barnes had taken his chance after about 15 minutes. He really should have scored. He had more time than he thought.

Bad mistake by Ankergren for their first goal. And Hatlepool were the better team for the rest of the first half

Second half Brighton started like a whirlwind. Crisp passing and great movement. Lua Lua was unplayable when he got the ball.

Dicker should have scored before he did.. and after it went 1-1 there looked like being only one winner.

But then the sending off changed everythng. Bridcott definitely deserved to go, it was a horrible challenge.

Hartlepool then got their other goals and the game was all over.

The players on the pitch were signalling LuaLua had a broken leg. Let's hope it wasn't that bad.

Southampton and Huddersfield both lost and they are our biggest threats for promotion. Forget Bournemouth, they will fade away. Charlton really aren't very good, I don't rate them as dangers either.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thanks for that report TC. I listened in on the radio today & it didn't sound like we were on our game today tbh, & your thoughts confirm this. I sincerely hope Lua Lua isn't as badly injured as we all feared. Did you see the challenge on him?

hpoolfan81

Nov 13, 2010
awww boo hoo you could'nt beat an 'utterly pointless club' like Hartlepool with their 3000 home crowds. Rough-house tactics as well! Wait till you see the sending off - that was rough-house!

Media darling Poyet out-thought by an old timer like Wadsworth! Then again it was a bit cold today. Always arctic in Hartlepool remember!

Anyway, I enjoyed the wonderful passing amongst the back line by Brighton. A bit like watching Wigan - except just with shitter players and even less end product. Also enjoyed Lua Lua's diving and waving of his imaginary card on numerous occasions. That's why he was booed off.

hpoolfan81

Nov 13, 2010
3000 is a good crowd for us this year! We were playing the world famous Brighton though - what a pull!

I also seem to recall 3000 once being a very good crowd for Brighton as well - but then again most on here were'nt around in the late 90's...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
3000 is a good crowd for us this year! We were playing the world famous Brighton though - what a pull!

I also seem to recall 3000 once being a very good crowd for Brighton as well - but then again most on here were'nt around in the late 90's...
You mean sharing two seasons at gillinghams ground(150 mile round trip) at the bottom of the 4th divsion:lolol:Thats the only time we've ever had shite crowds.:wink:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I blame this person; look what he did for us

clough.jpg

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
Just one of those days where nothing really goes to plan i guess, they just seemed a bit more up for it and closed us down really quickly as soon as we got the ball and we couldn't cope. Can't really complain at the result. Hope Lua Lua's injury isn't as bad as it seems.
One positive from the today - at least i don't live in Hartlepool, it even makes Huddersfield look nice!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Says on the official site 'LuaLua left the ground on crutches, and Albion will have to wait for further diagnosis of the ankle injury' at least its not a broken leg as someone suggested but doesn't sound too promising all the same..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can't complain about the result too much. 'Poll battled hard and had a lot of men behind the ball at all times, we are better off counter attacking and they effectively acted as the away team for much of the match. Good tactics on their behalf.

Howler from Casper for the first goal, he either should have caught the ball or shouted for a defender to go for it.

Barnes had a very poor game, yet had our best chances in both halves, the first was tame effort after Muzza (who won everything in air) set him up, and the second was disallowed for handball. No one played very well.

Didn't see too much of the red card, it looked like a 50/50 ball in no mans land and Bridcutt was stretching for it and was late.

For third goal we were down to 9 men, it looked as if Kaz was fouled, but the ref had given him so many free kicks perhaps he thought he should even things up.

hpoolfan81

Nov 13, 2010
Congratulations, what in? ???

Shitness - we've never won anything.

Joking aside it was a good game today. Could have gone either way at 1-1 but one defensive mistake cost you and after that the discipline went.

Brighton looked a good team but you will have the odd game like today where the opposition have a game-plan and stick to it.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
This post stinks of piss. What an utter load of bollocks.

I wouldn't say we were anywhere near our best against Exeter or Yeovil, but those still turned into comfortable wins for us. Below par at Tranmere and still got a point. And we've drawn a couple of home games as well *shock horror*

Can you just have a bit of perspective - we're halfway through November and have just had our SECOND defeat of the season. Get a grip for christs sake.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here