Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Harsh or poor parking

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
I am intending to appeal this for what I think are obvious reasons but wanted to see if anyone else has had any similar experiences or has anything helpful to add.

You might not be able to make it out from the photo but this is the end bay so not blocking anything or encroaching on any other parking spaces.

This was given for ‘no parking outside a marked bay’ 😂.

IMG_0049.jpeg

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't think you'll have much luck, personally. From the photos, the size of the bays look absolutely massive and the other cars featured seem to be well within the spaces. Whilst it is massively pedantic on the part of the traffic warden, they are absolutely correct that you're not in the bay. It's just a lazy piece of parking, unless you were in a spectacular rush to ditch the car quickly to get some sort of urgent situation.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
That is both fairly poor parking and really harsh from the warden. I'd probably ignore the ticket, personally. They'll write a dozen times and then give up. Absolute jokers.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Is that a Tops Tiles in the background? Go into the store and ask? I heard someone get a parking ticket dealt with in McDonalds in Shoreham once. If it's private property it could be as simple as the manager of the store calling and having a word?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Is that a Tops Tiles in the background? Go into the store and ask? I heard someone get a parking ticket dealt with in McDonalds in Shoreham once. If it's private property it could be as simple as the manager of the store calling and having a word?

Thanks this was in Harlow but my missus (whose up there atm) can have a word with the Topps Tiles.

May 21, 2023
Depends whether the parking co are Cricket (the line is the warden's), rugby (touching the line is out) or football (the whole of the wheel has to be over the line).

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Possible mitigation:

1. Pallet in the bay, therefore removing roughly a tyre's width of space in which to park the car.
2. Approx. 99% of the footprint of the car is within a marked bay. Does 'no parking outside a marked bay' mean 'no part of the car can cover any ground outside a marked bay'? Where does it say this? Is there such a notice visible to drivers?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I understand exactly why you had to park like that.
If the pallet against the wall adjacent to your off side rear wheel was to fall it would've hit your car.
Therefore you had to leave enough space for it to fall and miss your car.
The pallet probably had nails protruding from it, definitely splintered wood and was likely quite heavy. It wasn't your responsibility to move it anyhow. It shouldn't have been in there.

Also.
Go onto Pepipoo forum and search the term "De minimis"
You'll not end up paying that. Cheeky money grabbing attempt.
But still: shit parking.

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
I understand exactly why you had to park like that.
If the pallet against the wall adjacent to your off side rear wheel was to fall it would've hit your car.
Therefore you had to leave enough space for it to fall and miss your car.
The pallet probably had nails protruding from it, definitely splintered wood and was likely quite heavy. It wasn't your responsibility to move it anyhow. It shouldn't have been in there.

Also.
Go onto Pepipoo forum and search the term "De minimis"
You'll not end up paying that. Cheeky money grabbing attempt.
But still: shit parking.
Thanks so much for this, didn’t actually see the pallet until now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here