[News] Harry versus The Tabloids

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
You think it’s his choice? Harry goes to his father’s coronation, the press scream where’s Meghan.
Harry doesn’t go, the press scream, Harry snubs father.
The Daily Express devotes pages and pages to him like they did with his mother.

He despises the press because he believes they killed his mother. He wants to nail everyone of them.
This is exactly it. The moment he expressed an opinion that was his own rather than carefully manufactured to be inoffensive to the media he became a target. Whatever he does he loses. Meanwhile plenty will go out of their way to berate him and his wife while quietly ignoring Prince Andrew or the family and system that sustains him.

Interesting to see one of those Harry warned didn't have the best interests of the Queen at heart has now been dismissed by Charles in a way that suggests Harry may have had a point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think he'll be very 'smart' in his answers, matching the size of his ego. With the "I have no recollection of ...... ".

Would love a barrister to tear him to pieces.
Much of it is in print, with him as editor.
I don’t know how he found work after the fake torture photos of British troops Stuff like that is motivational to Islamic terrorists. He put soldiers lives at risk.

Funny thing, thing he can dish it out, but can’t take it, when challenged by the weatherman. He stormed out of the studio.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t know how he found work after the fake torture photos of British troops Stuff like that is motivational to Islamic terrorists. He put soldiers lives at risk.

Funny thing, thing he can dish it out, but can’t take it, when challenged by the weatherman. He stormed out of the studio.

There’s always an self centred angle with him. He was challenged that he sought revenge on Markle, because two or three years previous they’d stopped inviting him to their events, before that he had considered them ‘friends’. A hell hath no fury chain of events. He’s spiteful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No show looks good doesn’t it?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I didn’t but he seems to have a monthly “must get on the news” gene :wink:
The constant want to be in the media spotlight: Netflix shows, interviews, books, podcasts, ceremonies...
It makes it seem that even this court case is another way of his in giving him attention, when it probably isn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You know he’s not the only complainant in this case, don’t you? Also, I’m sure you know William has already settled out of court.
Icy has gone mad recently. I had to put him on ignore. For his own good <sigh>

1685988639447.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You think it’s his choice? Harry goes to his father’s coronation, the press scream where’s Meghan.
Harry doesn’t go, the press scream, Harry snubs father.
The Daily Express devotes pages and pages to him like they did with his mother.

He despises the press because he believes they killed his mother. He wants to nail everyone of them.
You're wasting your breath. The white male gammon gene has overwhelmed his mind with 'f*** you' nucleotides, and 'I'm alright jack' protein.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
TeamTabloid

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have paid scant attention to this, but, am I right in thinking that the brief for MGN has used as a defence against the Duke of Sussex accusations, that yes , we did hack celebrities phones, but we didn’t hack the DOS, phone.

Totally believable, I mean, why on Earth would they hack the phone of the most popular, and to be fair, only interesting Royal.
It’s not as if it would sell more daily rags, is it?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is exactly it. The moment he expressed an opinion that was his own rather than carefully manufactured to be inoffensive to the media he became a target. Whatever he does he loses. Meanwhile plenty will go out of their way to berate him and his wife while quietly ignoring Prince Andrew or the family and system that sustains him.

Interesting to see one of those Harry warned didn't have the best interests of the Queen at heart has now been dismissed by Charles in a way that suggests Harry may have had a point.
who was this and why?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

dish the dirt, tb

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
who was this and why?
Angela Kelly, don't know why but she seems to have been rapidly and harshly dismissed by Charles. There was a lot of gossip and rumours at the time about how her closeness and influence on the Queen was rightly or wrongly disconcerting to other Royals, and her cryptic social media posts imply it might not have been the friendliest of partings. At least one news report at the time said it was thought she'd been given a house to live in having been forced to leave her grace and favour place, but it was on condition that she accepted that the permission the Queen had given to write a book about royal life behind the scenes was revoked. If that's true that says a lot.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone who tries to hold the vile, feral UK tabloid press to account gets my support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports