Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Jermain Defoe - acrimoniously poached from Charlton
Lampard - his best mate's son
Cole & Ferdinand - products of the West Ham youth set-up I think.

With all of the above, it's debatable how much influence 'arry had on it, or was it the work of others... But even I would have to give a bit of credit to him for being in charge when they were nurtured/poached/discovered (and I can't stand the dodgy chancer)

Tony Carr was pretty much responsible for that crop of players. A superb youth team coach.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
They also had Michael Carrick and Glen Johnson come through the system at West Ham too at that time. Carrick moved down there having originally been part of the famous Wallsend Boys' club (previous graduates Shearer and Beardsley among others) while Glen Johnson I think came from the area.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
This is so typical of him - unless he can buy buy buy he throws his toys out of the pram. Try coaching the players he's got instead of wanting to buy success.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Truly hope not. We cant afford his wages let alone the amount he will spend on useless players. OK to buy a 3million pound player or two but they have to be worth it.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
What annoys me most about this entire scenario is that we should be speculating if -
1) We have signed Bridge or Upson yet...
2)Who else are we looking to bring in for our promotion push next season... surely Hunt (Wolves) and Davies (Bolton) should be mentioned.

Yet we are left to speculate when the arrogant excuse for a manager Poyet will finally fulfill his ego and leave Brighton (which I personally hope he does given recent events) and also who shat on the changing room floor.

Not the summer I had imagined after the Wolves game!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Kevin Davies? In what way is a 35 year old, immobile, non-goalscoring brickhouse made from the contents of the away dressing room meant to boost a team that plays a passing game?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Kevin Davies?
Doesn't sounds like much of a debate. Err. No thanks. He is 35 slow and i would rather not see us lumping the ball forward 70 yards at him.
As for the rest when we get a manager in we maybe able to recruit some players.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He's complaining about the budget at QPR, what is he going to think of ours?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
As for Harry Rednapp. He has made a good career with little tactical nous but i don't want to see him here. He will jump if the England job ever came up. He will want money. This illusion he is a wheeler dealer is mental. I mean he agreed a 12 million deal for Chris Samba on £100'000 a week. He makes Del boy look shrewd :whistle:

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Kevin Davies?
Doesn't sounds like much of a debate. Err. No thanks. He is 35 slow and i would rather not see us lumping the ball forward 70 yards at him.
As for the rest when we get a manager in we maybe able to recruit some players.

Dressing room would benefit from his leadership skills and he isn't a bad sub to chuck on! Not saying I would sign him but given budgets etc it could be worse... See my point though - nice to move away from talking about Poyet...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I take faith in the fact the odds mean pretty much nothing but it would be a lie to say I was not slightly concerned if this had some legs. I would question the wisdom of Tony Bloom for the first time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure after the QPR fiasco Harry would be motivated to end his career on a high. He's also quite an attacking manager too. If Bloom and Barber thought they could keep him on a leash then it might work. Would be a high stakes gamble for Bloom, he might fancy it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What annoys me most about this entire scenario is that we should be speculating if -
1) We have signed Bridge or Upson yet...
2)Who else are we looking to bring in for our promotion push next season... surely Hunt (Wolves) and Davies (Bolton) should be mentioned.

Yet we are left to speculate when the arrogant excuse for a manager Poyet will finally fulfill his ego and leave Brighton (which I personally hope he does given recent events) and also who shat on the changing room floor.

Not the summer I had imagined after the Wolves game!
Hunt at the Amex looked slow and out of shape no thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here