And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
"If I can't change it around during the summer and get some good lads in, I wouldn't want to come back," he said.

He added: "I don't need to come to work every day and have that aggravation. I want to get a group in willing to come, learn and take a bit of pride in what they do. Hopefully I have support from the board and we have to see what players we can find."

"It's going to be hard because you've got to build a team," said Redknapp. "I've only had to do that once, probably when I was at Portsmouth.​

What a clown! Isn't a 'manager' (particularly a very experienced, well paid one) supposed to be able to 'manage'?!

I would be GUTTED if we got Redknapp :nono:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"If I can't change it around during the summer and get some good lads in, I wouldn't want to come back," he said.

He added: "I don't need to come to work every day and have that aggravation. I want to get a group in willing to come, learn and take a bit of pride in what they do. Hopefully I have support from the board and we have to see what players we can find."

"It's going to be hard because you've got to build a team," said Redknapp. "I've only had to do that once, probably when I was at Portsmouth.​

What a clown! Isn't a 'manager' (particularly a very experienced, well paid one) supposed to be able to 'manage'?!

I would be GUTTED if we got Redknapp :nono:

He is a bell, its all a game, he is saying if they dont go up it wont be his fault.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He is a bell, its all a game, he is saying if they dont go up it wont be his fault.

And that makes it better?

I'd rather have someone in charge who takes responsibility for their job - the buck stops with the manager and all that rather than "it ain't my fault guv!"

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
You would hope that Barber's pasts connections with Spurs and maybe Tony Bloom talking to Daniel Levy they should have some idea whether it is worth taking a punt on Harry or give him a very big swerve.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Some bookies have made him joint favourite with RDM

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Funny how Redknapp's attitude has changed from 'managing QPR is far preferable to sitting around eating a bacon sandwich, walking the dog and playing golf' to 'if I don't have money to spend, I'm going' in a matter of weeks. The realisation that he has got a big job on his hands and he might not be allowed to bankrupt the club in order to bring in the players he wants seems to have swayed his mind. Just as well Goodison Park or the Britannia Stadium aren't within ample driving distance from Sandbanks.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The thing with Harry is that he can only ever sign established players. He can neither unearth a gem, nor actually move any players on. He just always signs more and more players, until he has a squad of 50, all on stupid wages, and he legs it.

The current "ultimatum" sounds like he saying "don't make me sell before I can buy" because he can't do that. But how can it be any different? QPR can't let him sign a dozen new players to play while the current crop get fat on their wages while sitting in the stands.

If 'Arry came here as manager, I would honestly cry. I think I would prefer Neil Warnock, and anyone who knows me, would realise how low my view of 'Arry must be to say that.
He did discover gem's such as Lampard ,Cole ,Defoe and Ferdinand.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Interesting especially as he says he's willing to go to either the Premier League or Championship. Don't know what style of football he had Montpellier playing but the fact they won the french league and have played in the champions League means he must be doing something right. Only thing is does his age go against him?

They didn't play bad football that season.

Obviously had Giroud up top, who was top scorer in the league that season in Ligue 1. It's a weird old league though, you take out Ibrahimovic this season and the top scorer would be Jeremie Aliadiere, the Arsenal and Middlesborough flop. Lyon, Marseille, PSG (above all) and a couple of others all have decent sides though.

Anyway, they play decent football, a lot of influence comes from African born players (Utaka who flopped at Pompey, Belhanda, Ait-fanna, Yanga Mbiwa (now at Newcastle)) etc.

Certainly an interesting prospect. I doubt many of their players if any earn much more than our top earners to be honest.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
See my comment above. Where do you think he has his eye on if its not us?

Retirement? i hardly think Redknapp is going to leave one job complaining about needing to buy players, then join a club where the previous manager complained about budget.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Did he? Or were they a product of West Ham's academy?

Jermain Defoe - acrimoniously poached from Charlton
Lampard - his best mate's son
Cole & Ferdinand - products of the West Ham youth set-up I think.

With all of the above, it's debatable how much influence 'arry had on it, or was it the work of others... But even I would have to give a bit of credit to him for being in charge when they were nurtured/poached/discovered (and I can't stand the dodgy chancer)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Harry's ok for a soundbite but as manager of our club? No thank you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jermain Defoe - acrimoniously poached from Charlton
Lampard - his best mate's son
Cole & Ferdinand - products of the West Ham youth set-up I think.

Frank Lampard snr is his brother in law as two footballers at West Ham Lampard and Redknapp married 2 sisters. Joe Cole was scouted by one of their scouts as an 8 year old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here