Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp now 4/1

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Wherever 'Arry goes, admin will surely follow. Except Spurs.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus was a left-field appointment, and I also reckon our next manager will be a bit of an eyebrow-raiser, with someone possibly from outside the UK ???

Things are different now though. We have the stadium, we are in the championship and we are so close to the prem....I firmly DON'T believe this appointment will be a gamble(ok all appointments are gambles of sorts) as in it will be someone with a proven track record in England at getting teams promoted out of this division.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Kevin Keegan and Peter Beardsley have just gone past me on a tandem headed towards Falmer. Surely not?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But in that short time, if he got us and and mid table in the prem, that would be seen as pretty amazing job, no???

I think that's the target for whoever comes in, yes. I doubt we'd get Redknapp though, I would have thought he sees himself as bigger than us, and I think we're all a bit tired of having a manager like that!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he was appointed as manager how long would it take for him to go from Harry Redknapp to Harry Deadcrap from a fan's point of view ?

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
I think that's the target for whoever comes in, yes. I doubt we'd get Redknapp though, I would have thought he sees himself as bigger than us, and I think we're all a bit tired of having a manager like that!

He sees himself bigger than everyone, not just us....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

What make you say that??? He talks very highly of us and to be fair I've never heard Redknapp ever tout himself around for big clubs, you don't need to when your in demand, clubs tend to come to you.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Things are different now though. We have the stadium, we are in the championship and we are so close to the prem....I firmly DON'T believe this appointment will be a gamble(ok all appointments are gambles of sorts) as in it will be someone with a proven track record in England at getting teams promoted out of this division.

The problem is these people cost money. Redknapp is very unlikely and the likes of Curbishley and Hoddle have been out of the game for a while. The only logical choice on the above basis is Di Matteo, who went up with West Brom and was doing okay with them in the Championship but you sound like you're against his appointment due to Poyet connections.

I still think it will be someone who has achieved what you're talking about but in Spain or Italy but we will see.

Drimble Wedge

Apr 20, 2013
Seven Dials
Somehow I cant see him and Bloom seeing eye to eye on taking the club forward. If Gus has supposedly had a tantrum over what amounts to a necessary balancing of the books, then Harry sure as hell wont be interested. And there arent many other managers around who get away with as much crap as he does, frequently blaming poor results on the ability of his players to mask his his own tactical shortcomings. I'd choose Warnock , but he's probably decided enoughs' enough.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm pretty sure Tony will want someone who will commit themselves long term - there is a project here, and it won't be delivered overnight. Gus is leaving with the job half done, and it needs someone with a similar philosophy to take it forward. Someone like Martinez (although obviously it won't be him), or someone relatively young with a lot of potential. Harry doesn't fit the bill.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The long term will look after itself, the immediate plan is to get where the money is, to pay for the academy/stadium etc etc....It will be someone who can get that job done.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
So he had nothing to do with those clubs going bankrupt?

Perhaps it was his dog?

Fact remains he is way to well thought of for a manager who has a record of not winning a lot.

Hah! nice one, all the bungs were paid into his dog's account so you're probably right!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The only thing he's good for is spending other people's money - avoid at all costs. He might be a nice guy but he seems to think the only answer to get the players better is to purchase numerous others for shit loads of money. Example - Samba - £100k a week for a player who makes Guy Butters look anorexic!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What make you say that??? He talks very highly of us and to be fair I've never heard Redknapp ever tout himself around for big clubs, you don't need to when your in demand, clubs tend to come to you.

Dunno really, maybe I'm under selling us a bit. I'd just be surprised of Redknapp took a Championship job. I know he's got a job in the Championship at the moment, but he must have taken over at QPR believing he was going to be able to keep them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here