Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp now 4/1

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Ok, if you can look beyond the court cases and all the Portsmouth stuff. If Barber/Bloom kept his spending in check, which I think they would. No one can argue that his team's have always played attractive attacking football. On a purely football note and nothing else, why would anyone be unhappy if old Harry did suddenly pitch up with Jordan and Bond in tow down here...It would certainly be entertaining, while it lasted.

I genuinely struggle why people seem to think Redknapp is a good manager. He has only ever won the FA Cup with Portsmouth, and nothing else. He bankrupt Bournemouth (who have only just recovered) , bankrupt Portsmouth (we all know whats happened to them) and as far as I am concerned he would be a disaster at the Amex.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I genuinely struggle why people seem to think Redknapp is a good manager. He has only ever won the FA Cup with Portsmouth, and nothing else. He bankrupt Bournemouth (who have only just recovered) , bankrupt Portsmouth (we all know whats happened to them) and as far as I am concerned he would be a disaster at the Amex.

he didn't bankrupt anyone - he is a football manager, not a chairman. he did great with west ham, portsmouth and tottenham - they all improved their positions to what they were at and did it playing great football.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gordon Smith? He could make up for that miss in 1983

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Funnily enough a couple of weeks ago Harry said how you could get do well in Championship playing attractive football and used Brighton as an example. I said at the time to my brother that it looked like Harry was putting himself in the frame should we miss out on promotion and Gus left. He likes to stay close to his home in Sandbanks you know!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
he didn't bankrupt anyone - he is a football manager, not a chairman. he did great with west ham, portsmouth and tottenham - they all improved their positions to what they were at and did it playing great football.

So he had nothing to do with those clubs going bankrupt?

Perhaps it was his dog?

Fact remains he is way to well thought of for a manager who has a record of not winning a lot.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wouldn't be as anti him as a lot of people on here would be, but I don't really think he's be right for us, and he'd only ever be a short term appointment. But then I guess most managers are these days

phazza

Aug 17, 2012

Perhaps it was his dog?

Fact remains he is way to well thought of for a manager who has a record of not winning a lot.
do redknapp or his dog actually give the go ahead to buy players, or do they do the books? i don't think so. im afraid most managers ie fergy, mourinho, wenger etc aren't coming to us!! but redknapp - based on his history should help us to keep improving whilst playing great football. he also has a knack of getting not-too expensive players that prove to be very good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Redknapp. Curbishley, Powell, Warnock.

Some people are going to be so surprised by the next managers quality, when he arrives.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Perhaps it was his dog?

To be fair, who outside of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City have won a lot in the last 5/6 years. He got Spurs for near bottom to champions league position two years running, no mean feat.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wouldn't be as anti him as a lot of people on here would be, but I don't really think he's be right for us, and he'd only ever be a short term appointment. But then I guess most managers are these days

We agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But in that short time, if he got us and and mid table in the prem, that would be seen as pretty amazing job, no???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as Barber could limit his spending, then perhaps a vaguely reasonable choice.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Gus was a left-field appointment, and I also reckon our next manager will be a bit of an eyebrow-raiser, with someone possibly from outside the UK ???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Gordon Smith? He could make up for that miss in 1983

nothing personal I like smudge
but it took me nearly a year to get over that miss and going down

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
do redknapp or his dog actually give the go ahead to buy players, or do they do the books? i don't think so. im afraid most managers ie fergy, mourinho, wenger etc aren't coming to us!! but redknapp - based on his history should help us to keep improving whilst playing great football. he also has a knack of getting not-too expensive players that prove to be very good.

Ok fair enough.

Perhaps I just don't like him.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Harry Redknapps Blue & White Army

That'll upset a few on here at least we might have a chance of winning the FA cup and getting into Europe
Plus premiership football ( whatever people say about ARRY he can get the job done )

Yes, he could probably get us to the prem and keep us there for a year. Then administration and league 2 within 3 years! (He would have retired by then!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here