2015/16 £8.4m LVG & staff
2016/17 -
2017/18 £19.6m Mourinho & staff
2018/19 -
2019/20 -
2020/21 -
2021/22 £10m Ollie's At The Wheel & staff

Total £43m

That paints a sorry picture. They used to be the model of managerial consistency back in the day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not anymore I think. Joao Havelange, FIFA president from 1974-1998 absolutely hated England with passion, not least because of the 1966 World Cup where England gave itself a lot of advantages (South American teams not getting training pitches, group stage winners having a say in ref appointments, the red card for Argentina etc.). He was also as corrupt as they come and not much points at him getting money an English direction.

Sepp Blatter was all about new markets... he wanted to make the Women's World Cup as big and popular as the men's version, and he also introduced the rule that the World Cup should never be played in the same continent twice in a row, which obviously made him very popular in a lot of oil states and third world countries who would gladly pay for his support. He might have seen England as an optimised market, not much more to get over there - put the World Cup in Japan/Korea, South Africa, Qatar etc...

This is big business so eventually the US wanted the World Cup again so they investigated the shit out of FIFA, especially in the Caribbeans, and some more lets-have-the-World-Cup-in-LA oriented people took over which tells me it is time to go back to milking the West. The UK abandoned their bid for the 2030 due to the European Championship being cheaper to organise while bringing in the same money. Otherwise you'd have a World Cup in England in 2030.

My comments about FIFA helping England are a bit tongue-in-cheek but no doubt it would be good for them if the hype around international football in England would increase. People all over the world follow English football so if there's more attention on the World Cup over there FIFA and their sponsors get all happy clappy. But you know... If you get another free pass to the semi-final (and arguably the easiest opponent in that semi) and another group stage draw like the current one, you'd have to start to wonder how much they're willing to help you...

I think that’s spinning it a fair amount.

In the early 60s FIFA was edging slowly towards bankruptcy, but the FA did various things to help them raise money (such as the 3 vs 5 game). I’ve never heard the claim about referees before, and would like to know a bit more or understand the evidence.

FIFA whilst exploiting new markets also have managed to award second world cups to Mexico, France, Italy, Brazil and Germany, whilst ignoring the country with arguably the most robust footballing infrastructure.

So, no, I don’t think there is a lot of love for England within world football.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maguire is clueless, lost and totally out of his depth. As is McTwattery.

They both resorted to physical abuse of our players as the only way they could stop us.

Maguire did a forearm smash on Gross as he ran past him at one point.

Then that 'tussel' with Tross where Maguire has him under him on the ground and just bounces on him was just disgusting and why VAR didn't bring it to the crap ref's attention.

But Southgate being the idiot that he is, doesn't see it and he'll still be in our squad.

From an England point of view, the earlier Ten Hag drops him completely, the better his chances of being dropped. From a Man U point of view, long may he still be there fecking it up.

For me, my hatred of Man U far outstrips my like of England whilst Southgate is in charge.

For me, VAR yesterday failed as badly as in any game since it’s inception.

The McTomminey challenge, clearly over top the ball. multiple Maguire incidents and the penalty…..

Whoever was put in charge of it should be disciplined.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Looking at that in their accounts:
2013/14 £4.9m Moyes & staff
2014/15 -
2015/16 £8.4m LVG & staff
2016/17 -
2017/18 £19.6m Mourinho & staff
2018/19 -
2019/20 -
2020/21 -
2021/22 £10m Ollie's At The Wheel & staff

Total £43m
I imagine the Glazers have, over the same period, siphoned off way more than that in ‘fees’ & dividends. I’ve no love for Man Utd but I’ve even less for the Glazers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I imagine the Glazers have, over the same period, siphoned off way more than that in ‘fees’ & dividends. I’ve no love for Man Utd but I’ve even less for the Glazers.

A typical recent accounting year looks like:

Income £475m (hit by Covid)
Payroll costs -£312m
Directors remuneration to Glazer’s - possibly?
Interest paid to the US lenders -£17m (because the Glazer’s borrowed to buy the club. Which is not uncommon eg Hicks/Gillett did to buy LFC, before they were eventually booted out)
Dividends paid to the Glazers & other shareholders -£11m
The accounts don’t reveal fees paid and they must.

The £17m and £11m always gets Gary Neville on his soapbox. Blaming that on no trophies.

But, as others point out to him, they’ve matched ManC on transfer fees and wages paid every step of the way. They’ve spent £1.1m in transfer fees alone since Ferguson retired, the same sum as ManC. And growing every window.

It seems obvious to me that the bigger issue is series of incompetent (English) executives running the club, knee jerk managerial appointments and a Whac-A-Mole approach to signings. Chasing ‘names’, the next best thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The McTomminey challenge, clearly over top the ball. multiple Maguire incidents and the penalty…..

Completely agree, someone posted that the ref was from Greater Manchester. I think I’m right in saying the ref for the after full time whistle penalty was also from Manchester. Beggar’s belief if we have in fact had two Manchester refs against Manchester United in the last five games against them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A typical recent accounting year looks like:

Income £475m (hit by Covid)
Payroll costs -£312m
Directors remuneration to Glazer’s - possibly?
Interest paid to the US lenders -£17m (because the Glazer’s borrowed to buy the club. Which is not uncommon eg Hicks/Gillett did to buy LFC, before they were eventually booted out)
Dividends paid to the Glazers & other shareholders -£11m
The accounts don’t reveal fees paid and they must.

The £17m and £11m always gets Gary Neville on his soapbox. Blaming that on no trophies.

But, as others point out to him, they’ve matched ManC on transfer fees and wages paid every step of the way. They’ve spent £1.1m in transfer fees alone since Ferguson retired, the same sum as ManC. And growing every window.

It seems obvious to me that the bigger issue is series of incompetent (English) executives running the club, knee jerk managerial appointments and a Whac-A-Mole approach to signings. Chasing ‘names’, the next best thing.

Apparently on Sunday it took 17mins for the camera to pan to SAF, in the crowd.

That's their problem.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All of the above is their problems.

They are a shockingly badly run club.

Keep up the good work all.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Completely agree, someone posted that the ref was from Greater Manchester. I think I’m right in saying the ref for the after full time whistle penalty was also from Manchester. Beggar’s belief if we have in fact had two Manchester refs against Manchester United in the last five games against them

The ref Paul Tierney has been given VAR duties for the next Manure game as a reward for the exceptional officiating on Sunday. He then refs the Liverpool game, those scousers better watch out for the Manchester man!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
lost a lot of respect for them yesterday , could have easily ended up with 8 players on the pitch if Tierney had a decent sized scrotum ....and a stonewall penalty knocked back.....manc pricks.

You had respect for them before KO?

You weirdo :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see Maquire's Greek court case appeal is now scheduled for a year's time.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

And no-one's talking about their goal which was offside.

It's as clear as day that when the ball is directed towards goal by Dalot with his arm (which is bad enough), Maguire challenges for the ball on the line from an offside position. Dunk is the only Brighton player between him and the goal.

It's as clear as day right at the end of the Sky Sports highlights.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
In principle yeah. But you know and we know that you don't really mean that. Let's keep SAF pottering about and meddling in the background for as long as he is able to draw breath.

Agree long may he stay there interfering, same as Matt Busby. Took them 16 years after he retired before they got SAF, 15 if you take the 6 months he came back for in 69/71.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here