Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Maguire

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wish he’d gone to Chelsea now. Watching him try and play under Potter would have been hilarious.

Perhaps Potter could persuad TB to recall Duffy and loan hm to Chelsea to give Slabhead a steer in the right direction. I'm sure Chelsea could pay a bigger loan fee than Fulham?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still the record holder.

C2A77677-A481-4777-916F-066BFC444F75.png

He’s good at defensive headers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
****ing useless. Gave away the ball for a goal. Gave away a pen for a goal. Face like a smacked arse.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Should we take him on loan so Southgate stops picking him? We probably wouldn't even have to play him.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I feel a bit sorry for him tbf. He must be rusty from not playing much and then has to face Italy and Germany (who still have some decent players) and try to play himself into form. He looked awful indeed but if the manager can't see that in training and stick picks you, whadya do, shoot yourself in the foot? We have to hope that between now and the WC he trips over the dog at home and pulls something.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m starting to think Maguire is not the best centre back in the world.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Would it be too much for him to make himself unavailable for selection (others have for various reasons), he could just tell Gareth that he wants to focus on getting his club place back at the moment. Gareth would save face and Harry would gain respect from some of the boo boys. Then when he's playing for Man U like prime Franco Baresi he could make himself available again.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Poor sod. Not even sure if the Greece thing is sorted and I can't see Ten Hag giving him much game time. Southgate should take him out the firing line till he can get back in the England team on merit. I doubt he has the wit to drop off social media, so I'd guess he could end up having some serious mental health problems and the baying mob of the media, England fans and his own fans just won't back off. He may see this as his final World Cup opportunity and he'll desperately want to play, but his form and circumstances just don't warrant it. His career is slipping through his fingers and he has no control over it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He can keep Phil Jones company as another player who had his confidence absolutely destroyed by boo-boys.

Phil Jones was never good enough at Center Back to play top level (a very good DMF though). nor is Maguire, his confidence is shot because he's asked to do more than he is capable off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here