Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Maguire

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lots in the media still don’t get it though. Dion Dublin on MOTD2 last night was still claiming Man U players were better individually than ours. Personally, I don’t think a single one would get in our team. Only when their fans and groupies realise this will they stop re-arranging the managerial deckchairs and realise the size of their task.
I think CR7 might just get a game or two!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They have a number of players that would make our squad, they are just not playing well as a team. Midfield wise they are weak though, and post match I heard a commentator ask, "Why aren't United finding players like Caicedo?" which made me smile because they did, they just couldn't be arsed to sort out the complicated third party ownership issues, leaving the door open for us, and right now I hope Caicedo is very happy about that turn of events.

We were probably one of the only clubs that could sort out the complicated third party ownership issues because we'd already worked with his club Independiente, and one of the agencies representing him, in the transfer of Billy Arce. So we had a relationship there that helped us. It may well be that Billy Arce was one of the most important signings we've made. :p

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lots in the media still don’t get it though. Dion Dublin on MOTD2 last night was still claiming Man U players were better individually than ours. Personally, I don’t think a single one would get in our team. Only when their fans and groupies realise this will they stop re-arranging the managerial deckchairs and realise the size of their task.

Their current team, in any game, would be improved by Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Caicedo, Welbeck, Trossard, possibly one other.

More money than sense. They’ve spent the last 9 years burning vast piles of cash on average players.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Maguire is clueless, lost and totally out of his depth. As is McTwattery.

They both resorted to physical abuse of our players as the only way they could stop us.

Maguire did a forearm smash on Gross as he ran past him at one point.

Then that 'tussel' with Tross where Maguire has him under him on the ground and just bounces on him was just disgusting and why VAR didn't bring it to the crap ref's attention.

But Southgate being the idiot that he is, doesn't see it and he'll still be in our squad.

From an England point of view, the earlier Ten Hag drops him completely, the better his chances of being dropped. From a Man U point of view, long may he still be there fecking it up.

For me, my hatred of Man U far outstrips my like of England whilst Southgate is in charge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Their current team, in any game, would be improved by Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Caicedo, Welbeck, Trossard, possibly one other.

More money than sense. They’ve spent the last 9 years burning vast piles of cash on average players.

Sacking off numerous managers must have cost a few quid as well.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think it is obvious.

FIFA is a corrupt organisation - even without Blatter and the likes - and the people involved in the organisation loves money. The more money in football, the more money for them.

It has always been their modus operandi: ban Mexico from World Cup 1990 for silly reasons, so that the US could qualify and generate attention and interest ahead of World Cup 94. Or: make sure South Korea gets to the semi-final in World Cup 2002 through hilarious refereeing, to finally create more football interest in Asia.

England is the economic locomotive in football. Something that would create (even more) hype and interest would be a goldmine. And if you look how England for the last 12 years or so has constantly been in the shittiest World Cup groups with the easiest pathway to the final... man, I really think they want you to win. Optimally the US or China would win, but that won't happen and you're the third best choice, financially speaking.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Or, more likely: :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

At the end of the day it proves that you don't need to spend gazillions on overrated players to beat Manure.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Depends which CR7 it was. Judging by his performance/impact both yesterday and in the 4-0 DRUBBING the other month, I'd probably say no.

However, a Potter-managed Ronaldo slotting in alongside the rest rest of the team (sorry Welbz) would be :drool::drool:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No, genuinely he wouldn't.

Not a team player, doesn't press or track back and right at the end of his career. He's stuck at United because no one else wants him.

Goals are ok but not if you're leaking them at the other end at a rate of knots and losing to "teams like Brighton".

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They have recruited badly and not only are the players not up to it but they lack the attitude to even have a go.

Fred would not even get on our bench,McTominay looks like a remnant of a Tony Pullis Stoke side, Maguire should be at Burnley in the championship and Shaw would probably not command a starting place if he went back and played for Southampton.

They are a bang average squad littered with a few high wage stars who lack the attitude to bother to make a difference and instead sulk around picking up the wages whilst successive managers take all the stick.

Then you have the fans and owners situation the whole club is a shitshow from top to bottom. In other words the complete opposite of the Albion

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, genuinely he wouldn't.

Not a team player, doesn't press or track back and right at the end of his career. He's stuck at United because no one else wants him.

Goals are ok but not if you're leaking them at the other end at a rate of knots and losing to "teams like Brighton".
Not a team player indeed - but the other ten in the team are, and his 20 goals a season would compensate for his c***ishness! We are one of the few teams who could carry his deficiencies, and just let him score his 20 goals.

Wouldn't want him here though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They have recruited badly and not only are the players not up to it but they lack the attitude to even have a go.

Fred would not even get on our bench,McTominay looks like a remnant of a Tony Pullis Stoke side, Maguire should be at Burnley in the championship and Shaw would probably not command a starting place if he went back and played for Southampton.

They are a bang average squad littered with a few high wage stars who lack the attitude to bother to make a difference and instead sulk around picking up the wages whilst successive managers take all the stick.

Then you have the fans and owners situation the whole club is a shitshow from top to bottom. In other words the complete opposite of the Albion

Shaw was great for England in the Euros and has regressed (again). He's a real up and down player.

McTominay is a Pound Shop Roy Keane and wouldn't have been fit to lace the boots of the 1990s squad.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Shaw was great for England in the Euros and has regressed (again)

McTominay is a Pound Shop Roy Keane and wouldn't have been fit to lace the boots of the 1990s squad.

A friend tagged McTominay as Roy Queen yesterday which I thought was a very apt description of the talentless thug.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lost a lot of respect for them yesterday , could have easily ended up with 8 players on the pitch if Tierney had a decent sized scrotum ....and a stonewall penalty knocked back.....manc pricks.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Think there's a little exaggeration from some on this thread, a number of players from the Man Utd squad would be in our first choice 11. In all likelihood they will finish above us, so they must have some better players.

Relative to expectations though, yes they are shit and it's lovely to see.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Exactly all of this. I quite like Dion Dublin but honestly, that was an idiotic comment.

Another quote I heard a lot over the weekend... Brighton have lost their two best players. Its not being 'best' that commands high transfer fees - its contract length, age etc etc. Yes they were great players, but not our best players and we can cover those positions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maguire will still be Southgate's go to. He was there yesterday and should be thinking Dunk, Webster, March, Welbeck and even asking Potter to run the team for him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Leicester must hardly be able to believe their luck they got £80m for the useless plodder

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maguire is certainly a major weak link in the United team.
Looked uncertain as to what pass to make when given the ball from the keeper, lack of pace exposed by Welbeck and reduced to throwing his weight around towards Trossard.
In desperate need of two holding midfielders playing in front of him, to protect him,

Not sure whether he would get in any current PL starting eleven (other than United's)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here