Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Harry Howell

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He’s obviously doing well, but I think we need to maybe take some time to calm down. A lot of people’s first exposure to him was 1 kick in a papa johns trophy game. He’s a good prospect for sure but I don’t think we need to put too much pressure on the lad, and watch his development. I agree with @dazzer6666 though, I think Simmonds is the one to look out for, but IMO will take longer to make an impact because of his position.
Freddie Simmonds first came to my attention when he scored that towering header for England U17s, whilst playing up a year. He then made a really positive contrinution coming on as a sub v Lille, so it was good to see him playing in a full game versus DZ.

Positionally he was sound and comfortable on the ball, but at 15 he still has some growing to do as phsically he is not yet an adult centre back. He does look a great prospect given time, as does Howell, but there are also a few other prospects who could really kick on from this group.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Freddie Simmonds first came to my attention when he scored that towering header for England U17s, whilst playing up a year. He then made a really positive contrinution coming on as a sub v Lille, so it was good to see him playing in a full game versus DZ.

Positionally he was sound and comfortable on the ball, but at 15 he still has some growing to do as phsically he is not yet an adult centre back. He does look a great prospect given time, as does Howell, but there are also a few other prospects who could really kick on from this group.
Well said. ATM they are playing against kids who aren’t much older than they are. We need to give them time to develop before piling on the pressure. Players grow and develop at different rates. Let them make some mistakes before they are thrust into the limelight and think they have made it before they reach the age of 18.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Let's not start putting any pressure on he or Simmonds for at least 3-4 years. Nothing is guaranteed at 15.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Come on, sturdy Sandra loves whipping semolina, what is not to like?
Sturdy Sandra can perfect her whipping technique in prison - he's FIFTEEN.

Sorry. I'm suffering a temporary sense of humour failure. My ability to not take things seriously is taking a fairly major hit.
Not helped every time the ABSOLUTE ARSEHOLE behind me on the train takes an UNBELIEVABLY LOUD bite out of what I assume to be an apple.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Come on, sturdy Sandra loves whipping semolina, what is not to like?

Sorry. I'm suffering a temporary sense of humour failure. My ability to not take things seriously is taking a fairly major hit.
Not helped every time the ABSOLUTE ARSEHOLE behind me on the train takes an UNBELIEVABLY LOUD bite out of what I assume to be an apple.
Maybe we should break the link between the dinner lady and the boy, yet still retain sturdy Sandra? So instead of asking for a child's WAG photo or even their mum/granny photo, we just ask for the dinner lady photo - no paedophilia implied?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bite out of apple?

You were lucky.

The breath wafting out of the f***ing ruin of a human being sitting next to me on the train to London on Monday was to kill against (the inverse of to die for).

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Bite out of apple?

You were lucky.

The breath wafting out of the f***ing ruin of a human being sitting next to me on the train to London on Monday was to kill against (the inverse of to die for).
Inverse, or OBVERSE?
No, I don't know the difference either.
I've always thought that people who think they'd rather die than be stuck with X are showing a lack of logical thinking.
Edit: having just checked, it's definitely not obverse :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Inverse, or OBVERSE?
No, I don't know the difference either.
I've always thought that people who think they'd rather die than be stuck with X are showing a lack of logical thinking.
Edit: having just checked, it's definitely not obverse :lolol:
I said kill, though. I'm cruisin' for a cullin' ???

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here