Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding wanted by Everton

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's the fans who think he is over -rated.

3 professional managers have seen enough ability in him to want him.

Stumpy Tim

kinkygerbil said:
Wake up people we will not get more than 300k at most, the current market is poor and lets face it he has not been that good this year

That's exactly the reason why we should hang onto him. The market is poor, so we won't get much. And, as he's not playing as well as we know he can he'll only get better & be worth even more.

Or we could take $50k as saafend_seagull said yesterday & lose one of our most promising players :dunce:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sell for £2 million. Danny Harding is the best left back we have ever had.

PS: Don't tell them Adam Hinshelwood is a better player.

The market will collapse completely within a year or so, so take the money now!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got to be realistic here. Harding has made, what, 25 first team appearances ? He's played the odd blinder, looked ok in some matches and bloody poor in a few more. Yes he's young, and yes he has potential, but I think if anyone offered us in the region of £200,000 for him, we'd simply HAVE to take it.

Anyway, I really can't see him moving to Everton in January. They're not going to pay a transfer fee for a player who is in no way ready for Premiership football this season, specially when they could pick him up for nothing 6 months later. Can anyone honestly see Harding in Evertons first team come January ?

Naah, me neither. Its a non-starter.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Stumpy Tim said:
That's exactly the reason why we should hang onto him. The market is poor, so we won't get much. And, as he's not playing as well as we know he can he'll only get better & be worth even more.

Or we could take $50k as saafend_seagull said yesterday & lose one of our most promising players :dunce:

he is useless though, gives the ball away constantly, and all the danger always comes from down his side and gets skinned more than he tackles, and is always out of position, and is very slow on the ball.

Stumpy Tim

Easy 10 said:
Got to be realistic here. Harding has made, what, 25 first team appearances ? He's played the odd blinder, looked ok in some matches and bloody poor in a few more. Yes he's young, and yes he has potential, but I think if anyone offered us in the region of £200,000 for him, we'd simply HAVE to take it.

Which I believe is 25 more games then Pennant had played at Notts County when Arsenal gave 2 million for him. And he's very average

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stumpy Tim said:
Which I believe is 25 more games then Pennant had played at Notts County when Arsenal gave 2 million for him. And he's very average
I think Pennant was about 15 or 16 at the time, and it was an absolutely bizarre deal spending that amount of cash on a totally unproven teenager. Pennant has since spent most of his Arsenal "career" on loan to other clubs. I don't believe Arsenal will look back on that deal as money well spent, and its hardly a precedent Everton would be likely to follow.

Last edited:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I won't lose any sleep if he leaves. I think he has struggled a bit this season. I will be upset if he leaves for nothing though. If, as McGhee has said, his agent is touting him around, lets get some money for him.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Harding says he wants to stay...according to McGhee in a news piece at www.bbc.co.uk sport section (obviously)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Harding wouldn't leave for nothing at the end of the season would he? Thought that because he's under 23 they would have to give us some money for his 'development'?

Morgans Mullet

Mar 9, 2004
We would get a minimum of £300k for training compensation if he went to a Premiership club and £200k if he went to another Championship club even if he was on a free at the end of the season..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lets face it Everton dont want him unless they have sent the 3 blind mice out on scouting duties. His agent is touting him about trying to screw us for a better deal.

Agents :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here