Hardest School in Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted User X18H

i went to PORTSLADE C.C

most of our scraps in the 80s were with HOVE PARK

they had a really hard core group in those days. mainly from hangleton and were tough as f***!
Too f***ing right mate remember the Rugby!!!??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes. I always imagined that after leaving school he became a mercenary as this would match his profile. :lol:

I've no idea what became of him. He was a total psycho but by all accounts extremely bright. I think he got 100% in one chemistry exam.

You must have been at Varndean at roughly the same time as I was: I served my time between 68 and 75 - it was very strange to see girls around the place.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Glen Geard is the same age as me and was on the the Albion's books at the same time as youth goalie Paul Hubbard (ex Varndean). Unfortunately they never made it career wise at pro level but were decent players. The last I heard of Paul was that he was living in Spain.

Yes I believe he is. Off topic did he ever make a full appearance for the Albion, stattos, or have I just made that up?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Indeed Mr Geard and a certain Mrv Elphick were at fawcett. Now whatever happened to Mr Elphick..I tyhink he played for Stoke and sired a couple of centre halves.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Taybha;2687524 Wilcox was indeed a top bloke cant remember his sidekick was it shavrin or something similar? i can only remember Chris G going to Fawcett then again i got chucked out with the misfits to the annexe[/QUOTE said:
Max G was in my class and he was a bright guy when he showed up.

Geoff Shavarrian(SP?) was the short fat guy who played rugby for Hove and cricket for Hove Montiefiore (SP?). He was responsible for getting me into cricket and was a top, top bloke.

PG

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Max G was in my class and he was a bright guy when he showed up.

Geoff Shavarrian(SP?) was the short fat guy who played rugby for Hove and cricket for Hove Montiefiore (SP?). He was responsible for getting me into cricket and was a top, top bloke.

PG

Fawcett in the 70's was full of people who would fight if they outnumbered you.Not so keen one v one.
Elphick,Geard,Kenyon,Dunk etc came into this category.
Chris (Gus ) Dutton from Varndean was quite hard.He had his own song if I remember.
Those who I remember really being psycho were Chris Gargan (Fawcett),Kevin King (Whitehawk),Steve Hubbard (Stringer),Tim Lezzard (Falmer).Later on Adam Kerswell (Longhill).
People like Dave Woolgar (Whitehawk),Andy Gordon (Newman) Terry Shippam. Would have a go.
Lots of cowards around though at that time.
Groves,Rix,Bath,Boxall,Akehurst.Only ever fought in groups.

Families like the Boyles,Dawes,Davies,Cuttings seemed to have a conveyor belt of nutters coming through.

Nearly all in their 50's now and all grown up?????
Those who are still alive.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Fawcett in the 70's was full of people who would fight if they outnumbered you.Not so keen one v one.
Chris (Gus ) Dutton from Varndean was quite hard.He had his own song if I remember.
Those who I remember really being psycho were Chris Gargan (Fawcett),Kevin King (Whitehawk),Steve Hubbard (Stringer),Tim Lezzard (Falmer).Later on Adam Kerswell (Longhill).
People like Dave Woolgar (Whitehawk),Andy Gordon (Newman) Terry Shippam. Would have a go.

Families like the Boyles,Dawes,Davies,Cuttings seemed to have a conveyor belt of nutters coming through.

Dave Woolgar was my best mate, we did everything together back in the day......anyone have any idea what ever became of him?? quite a few years ago I did start a thread on here asking if anyone knew of him or where he was etc, if anyone does please do let me know, that's assuming we are talking about the same Dave Woolgar? surely we must be :shrug:

EDIT: I went to Fawcett and Whitehawk.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Jesus, you've just taken me back to a place that I thought I'd blacked out. I 'now' remember Steve Hubbard recruiting a team for an impending date with Fawcett on the Balfour football pitch. Unfortunately, being picked for this school team left you puking a little bit in your mouth! That was a bloke who definitely led from the front.

My kids go to Stringer now and it's currently like a Buddhist retreat compared to the legendary tear ups of the mid 70s. Until of course (linking threads) Michael Gove takes us back to the halcyon days of education.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
newman- due to the shear amount of people
tideway- is just full of drugies...not hard

i would have to say varndean top the list alsodue to the fact it is in molscumbe...

When did it move?

And where is molscumbe?

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Hove County Grammar........In the late 60s and early 70s we routinely used to smash Roedean at both chess and bridge....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports