Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest School in Brighton

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Moulsecoombe Seniors in the 70's always fighting with Stanmer and Westlain, I remember a mass brawl between all 3 in the Wild Park, Police with dogs had to break it up and confiscated bike chains, hammers, rounders bats etc.:eek:

Dandyman

In London village.
Going to rehab is not big or clever and does not make youa tough man ;)

Fair point, well made. Don't get on the wrong side of that Winey Alehouse mind you.

Jimmy Grimble

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I went their 82-86 Diane Dockerell was very horny, however she was an English teacher, also my 13 year old son is still taught today by some of the teachers that were at Fawcett, Tregere and Nicholls are at Patcham High!!

Thats my years at PF too.. 2/3/4/5A1 Do we know each other, did we like each other !! :ohmy:

In general i think the years above us were much bigger and harder. maybe thats a peer thing though..
PF did have fights against Stringer in my/our time and seem to remember getting the 26/36 down to the Level had it moments, when the driver had to keep going, and not let normal passengers on or off.. :lol:

Still think Falmer were regarded as the hardest - full of Lower Bevendeaner's were'nt it.....!!

Tregere and Nicholls still teaching 20 years later.. not like the Mr Davis the English teacher eh..he made front page of Argus with beachy head back in '84/85.

Went back into school after summer holidays and Mr Tomkinson said 'OK, we all know what happened to Mr Davis, and unfortunatley you've been taught the wrong syllabus for past couple of years, so now you're all doing CSE rather than GCE O levels, sorry about that..' :angry:

If that happened now, serious compo..

I got the cane twice, once from that fool Davis (and other from Wilcox)
Davis stood on a chair and jumped down to administer.. :glare:

D

Deleted User X18H

Hove Park is the hardest school in Brighton and Hove when I was there I killed another pupil and only got a detention.........I also used to beat up a blonde haired kiddie who has since become a policeman though he hasn't COLLARED me yet:lol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Thats my years at PF too.. 2/3/4/5A1 Do we know each other, did we like each other !! :ohmy:

In general i think the years above us were much bigger and harder. maybe thats a peer thing though..
PF did have fights against Stringer in my/our time and seem to remember getting the 26/36 down to the Level had it moments, when the driver had to keep going, and not let normal passengers on or off.. :lol:

Still think Falmer were regarded as the hardest - full of Lower Bevendeaner's were'nt it.....!!

Tregere and Nicholls still teaching 20 years later.. not like the Mr Davis the English teacher eh..he made front page of Argus with beachy head back in '84/85.

Went back into school after summer holidays and Mr Tomkinson said 'OK, we all know what happened to Mr Davis, and unfortunatley you've been taught the wrong syllabus for past couple of years, so now you're all doing CSE rather than GCE O levels, sorry about that..' :angry:

If that happened now, serious compo..

I got the cane twice, once from that fool Davis (and other from Wilcox)
Davis stood on a chair and jumped down to administer.. :glare:
yep remember the Davis thing, I got the cane off Digger Eastwood i was in B1 stream for some reason there wasnt an A2 for our year

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fights between Stringer and Fawcett were stuff of legends (no knives or knuckledusters - just a good old-fashioned punch-up) during the 70s and early 80s, and I went to Stringer in 1982 being told by older lads I knew that were already there in no uncertain terms that we had to carry on the tradition.

Someone told me that there was a ruck one time - can't remember which one was the home side that time, and that the police turned up in their hordes, sending all the kids running off in every direction. This bloke telling the story and his mate (his name was Dave Smith) reckoned they would have been the only one to escape, but just as they were getting back to school, the police caught up with them and collared them.

'Alright, son, stay there. What's your name?'

'David Smith'

'Come on, son, you can do better than that...'

By the time I got there, all the hard lads were to busy posing in aqua-blue Tacchini tracksuit tops, Farahs and Kickers or G.Vilas trainers, with their poodle-perm mullets to whip into a fight.

wahoo

Banned
Oct 11, 2007
Hove Park is the hardest school in Brighton and Hove when I was there I killed another pupil and only got a detention.........I also used to beat up a blonde haired kiddie who has since become a policeman though he hasn't COLLARED me yet:lol:

i have heard the littlehampton boys get a gold star for a murder and a double gold if its a teacher , littlehampton = double hard bastards

what is the pecking order nowadays?

I would have said as an 80s boy

Falmer
Deason
Longhill
Tideway (pre fire and I know it shouldnt count)
Varndean
Cardinal Newman
Hove Park
etc etc etc

whats the score now?

Varndean?!!!! god we were so small when i was there that we used to watch the fights between Stringer and Patcham Fawcett. I only left in 87 so not sure when we a "hard school". Falmer always had a lot of fighters, but i would say Newman was the hardest when i was at school

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Varndean?!!!! god we were so small when i was there that we used to watch the fights between Stringer and Patcham Fawcett. I only left in 87 so not sure when we a "hard school". Falmer always had a lot of fighters, but i would say Newman was the hardest when i was at school

We used to walk up the hill of a winter's afternoon and throw 'snowballs' at the school.

Seeing as you lot weren't allowed out at lunchtimes, it was a bit one-sided.

Mr Hodell, (utter wanker) the then head of Stringer would then get the entire upper school into the hall in the afternoon, lecturing us about snowball fights being wrong, and subsequently produce a brick, or a lump of paving, and masquerade it as a snowball. As if no-one knew who was throwing them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here