Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Hardest Question on Only Connect

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I didn't have a clue about the question, knew where they were but no clue about the song so I'd have never got it. Most weeks I do ok on the first round. The second round and the wall are pretty hit and miss, but I normally do pretty well on the mssng vwls round.

And in answer to the other question posed by this thread, YES every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Falmer Flutter [emoji2398 said:
;9233461]Yep, my wife and I got it on the second clue. Was surprised that VC was making such a fuss about it being so hard. The only Round 2 question I ever got right on the first clue was: 4. Starship Traveller

I haven't seen that episode, but I assume the fourth clue would have been 1. The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain?

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I haven't seen that episode, but I assume the fourth clue would have been 1. The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain?

Actually started a little collection of the books as I find them in charity shops. Got Deathtrap Dungeon for 50p last week.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Actually started a little collection of the books as I find them in charity shops. Got Deathtrap Dungeon for 50p last week.
I used to have loads of the original green spine ones, god knows where they all went.

I do have the 25th Anniversary hardback edition of Warlock, signed by both Jackson and Livingstone, but that's it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I used to have loads of the original green spine ones, god knows where they all went.

I do have the 25th Anniversary hardback edition of Warlock, signed by both Jackson and Livingstone, but that's it.

Went to a film premiere once that Livingstone was at as he was a big cheese at Eidos. Only had a couple as a kid but pick them up as I see them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I got a question on university challenged right once, it was about fish and electricity or something and I said neon tetris. Only coz they used to get sucked into the fish tank pump when I was a kid..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I once got a music question right on UC before they started playing the tune.

The question was poorly worded.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I got the cities... but no idea about the pop song, so it was impossible for me.
I was listening to the song and thinking about the cities in the last couple of days, but I still couldn't bloody remember them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The hardest thing with Only Connect is, is VCM doable?
That's the easiest part of Only Connect. Yes of course she is.

"What's Vicky got?"
"She's got the nuts."

Of course she has the dirty minx.

(quote from a poker tournament some years back)

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood

Yep, got about 40-odd of the originals knocking about somewhere, including a very early brown cover edition of Warlock. God, I loved them as a kid, especially Deathtrap Dungeon and City of Thieves. That sense of achievement when you got a "turn to 400". The covers were (and still are) stunning. Have tried to get my kids into them, but with little success. I did buy the recent Charlie Higson version just for nostalgia's sake. Ok, I might have played it a couple of times...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I got a question on university challenged right once, it was about fish and electricity or something and I said neon tetris. Only coz they used to get sucked into the fish tank pump when I was a kid..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

You got the question nearly correct, the fish are Tetra.
Tetris is a game. :smile:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The next question about percentages I hadn’t the faintest clue what that was about until the reveal.

We get the wall quite regularly and the missing vowels, but last night didn’t get one of them!

Great programme.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The hardest thing with Only Connect is, is VCM doable? She wears the frumpiest gear, got a big Aris , bingo wings , annoying voice but always seems to raise one of my eyebrows.

I present the evidence to answer your question...

1_Guests-arriving-for-Jonathan-Ross-Halloween-party-London.jpg
CU-om03XIAEx6I1.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
More of a Tipping Point kind of person meself

Hardest question:

Ben: What's the only country in the world that starts with the letter Q?
Contestant: Kuwait

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
And there was I thinking no one else even watched the programme.
And on the other subject, she was allegedly involved in an adult movie many years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here