Harassment in my own home

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 18477

I use to deliver 142 leaders each week and got paid about £15 a week. More if there were loads of leaflets! was a lovely little number from the age of 13-16. Use to whack on my discman, then mp3 when I got one and post away! Then get back about 7.30ish ready for the Uefa cup games!

Then I got a job in a supermarket whilst at college. Ahhhhh youth, brings back so many memories!

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
pitbull.jpg

Could do a job?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Even when I used to deliver the KM Extra about 15 years or so ago I used to only get £7-£10 dependent on flyers. Got sacked from it - the golf course behind my house dredged their pond one summer and found whole bundles still cellophaned together :D :D :D You know what they say though, pay peanuts, get monkeys!!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Didn't even know the leader was still delivered. Have lived in Bevendean 18 months and not even seen a paperboy!
I too used to deliver it, had approximately 170 papers of which about 15% were flats and The remainder terraced houses. Used to clear £12 a week guaranteed ( more with leaflets) Christmas used to get around £50 in tips from the customers. Happy days

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Seriously? That's appalling. As it was my first ever 'job', I always remember that I delivered 137 Leaders around the streets of Westdene and I was paid between £10 and £14 depending on how many leaflets were inside. £4 for 160 seems like a sick joke.

It is, that why the numbers are dwindling, leaflets used to be 8-12 now a good week is 4, sometimes there are none, and the money is in delivering the leaflets.couple of years ago deliverers were responsible to find stand in's when away on holiday etc, now they don't do any covering for holidays, when were away the papers don't get delivered.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I used to deliver 1,000 copies a week many many years ago, used to take others 4 hours to do 200. I took 20 mins to do all 2,000 dumped in the entrance halls of half a dozen huge blocks of flats....easy money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports