Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harassment in my own home

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
How do you stop someone putting shit through you letterbox every Thursday? I am getting sick of having to bend down, pick the Leader up and throw it out on the pavement every time it lands on my mat. I dont see why i have to put them through my "will the lazy recycling arseholes accept that or just reguse taking the box" dilema every time they decide to add me to their circulation list. That goes for the Yellowpages and Thompson. Who actually wants them? Welcome to the 21st century!...

Don't even get me started on the students, gays and the cyclists!!!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Put a small sign next to your letter box that kindly reads, 'f*** Off' pointed towards the opening. This with a nice red border around it.
Or pin a fake finger against your door with a sign that reads 'Beware of the Russel's.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
How do you stop someone putting shit through you letterbox every Thursday? I am getting sick of having to bend down, pick the Leader up and throw it out on the pavement every time it lands on my mat. I dont see why i have to put them through my "will the lazy recycling arseholes accept that or just reguse taking the box" dilema every time they decide to add me to their circulation list. That goes for the Yellowpages and Thompson. Who actually wants them? Welcome to the 21st century!...

Don't even get me started on the students, gays and the cyclists!!!

Grip fill your letterbox, no more bills or junk mail :thumbsup:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I f***ing hate The Leader. Printing this sort of shit in the 21st century should be a crime.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Get one of those signs which say "No free newspapers or juck mail".

41HYzucnCAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Simples.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Stick all the crap in one of the pre paid envelopes and post it back.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I used to deliver the Leader. Richard Linfield used to do an Albion column on the back of it and the rest of it was shit. Some people used to be desperate to get their copy, others I could never understand why they got quite so arsey if they got one by mistake.

They pay really well for a paper round though! I bloody miss that job - got mine down to a tee so could do the whole lot in time to make it roughly pro rata what I'm going to be getting when I finish education. And you could go at your own pace, do it when you felt like it, and listen to your iPod!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I delivered the Leader a few years back. Absolutely loved it when all the leaflets came out of the paper and went everywhere on the floor and annoyed people just like the OP.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5150319 said:
That is a BLOOMING genius idea!!!!

I did try but the Postie lobbed the bills thro the front room window. Moral is, close windows and put the fan on when Edf August bills are due :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I used to deliver the Leader. Richard Linfield used to do an Albion column on the back of it and the rest of it was shit. Some people used to be desperate to get their copy, others I could never understand why they got quite so arsey if they got one by mistake.

They pay really well for a paper round though! I bloody miss that job - got mine down to a tee so could do the whole lot in time to make it roughly pro rata what I'm going to be getting when I finish education. And you could go at your own pace, do it when you felt like it, and listen to your iPod!

Not no more, used to be a tenner a few years ago, now my daughter is lucky if she gets £4 for the same round, (160 papers) takes an hour to sort leaflets into papers then another 1 1/2 to deliver them, hardly worth it to be honest

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Leader's not a bad paper as a freebie. I too remember Richard Lindfield's column on the back page and was always worth reading. It was back in the early days of Withdean so there was a lot to write about especially how brilliant Bobby Zamora was and also the frustration of getting planning permission for the AMEX.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here