Votes: 622 92.0%
  • No I'm not

Votes: 54 8.0%

• Total voters

crabbie

Aug 9, 2014
God!!! Who do you want?
We are not in the position to be choosy' the guy has experience
At this level and have some decent contacts!
Get behind him and the team!!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have no interest in how Sunderland are doing, but yes I like the passing and keep ball style.

....And thats where you and I differ. Moving the ball forward, at a good tempo, looking for openings, with players running intelligently off the ball is my footballing mantra. I am old enough to remember the Italian style in the 60's ( Catenaccio...apologies for spelling ) where they played keep-ball at a slow tempo and bored everyone to death. The aim was to nick a goal and then sit back.
Try watching some Cup Finals from the 50's and 60's and see how quickly the ball is moved upfield. How good the first touches are and how comfortable they are on the ball and beating players.
No, continually playing the ball up and down the back four drives me mad. Its not what I've paid my money to watch.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes. His name is easy to pronounce and spell.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Delighted! When was the last time we were associated with so many managers with top flight experience? He has held his own in the Prem and knows his way around our league too. He is a gentleman, has been working hard to improve football in general in this country - a perfect match for a community club like ours.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Considering where we are and who was available it's a decent choice. With the players we have playing beautiful football wasnt a realistic option. Hughton will get us organised and up the table, we may even make the play offs next year but we need some experienced players in this coming month.
I respect the guy, how he was treated by the barcodes and Norwich was awful and we could be a mutually good fit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, pleased with Hughton's appointment. Pulis wouldn't gave come to a Championship club lacking a parachute payments/billionaire's player budget. Hughton's main black mark was the Norwich fans slagging him off in his last few months ... but that's happened to most managers (e.g. Pardew @ Newcastle, Rodgers @ Reading, Wenger @ Arsenal by a large lynch mob, Alladyce @ West Ham last season) ... so I dismiss that.

Great too that he has a good reputation at coaching different age levels, with our impressive academy facilities newly opened

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes, its about 6 months late though. Wanted him to get the job in June, happy he has got it now though.

The number one option in Pulis was never going to drop down after catching wind about the WBA and Newcastle jobs and Sherwood simply doesnt have much experience - so Hughton is a great choice for where we are.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Out of interest who would you have wanted ideally? And who would you have wanted realistically?

Ideally I'd have gone for Eddie Howe. Realistically I wanted Steve Clarke but Reading got there first.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Very pleased. Given our position in the league I always thought that Pullis and Sherwood would stay clear of us. I was dreading another Sammi type being appointed given our Chairman's penchant for overseas coaches. CH knows the Championship football scene and is hungry to be back in the game. I hope we get some stability now for at least a couple of seasons. Changing Coaches/Managers every year is no good for us. So, keep us in the Championship this season and build from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here