Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Happy Pride Day !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is it really that 'filthy' compared to other cities? I disagree. Lots of very smart, well kept residential areas. The Lanes, North Laine areas of central Brighton, central Hove, large parts of the coast line, the parks, are all tidy and well kept. Around Churchill Square isn't too bad. Id agree along western road and around places like London Road, but again, all cities around the world will have those areas. Its easy to be critical of where you live compared to where you visit. Having lived abroad quite a lot, you soon realise that every city has its issues and problems and arent quite as squeaky clean as they might seem on a city break

Tagging is an issue (the same as so many cities across Europe) , and some areas re litter, but it is the very busy summer period.

I agree all cities have their areas. Not many have them right at their heart. Graffiti in Brighton and Hove is seemingly completely uncontrolled, pavements are filthy, bins are routinely overflowing, no-one bats an eyelid at people pissing in the street in broad daylight (as my wife witnessed on her way home a couple of days ago), the list goes on. I also spend long spells abroad - frequently 5-6 weeks at a time - so I'm not basing my view on tourist city breaks. There seems to be a general tolerance of anti-social behaviour that is dragging standards down, coupled with a homelessness problem that desperately needs to be addressed by the Government.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes? No? Did you?

Only one person can answer that.

With noisy kids in the house you don't get to hear all of the news!

Yes 44 people.

Far worse than your average football match.:nono:

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2019-08-06-13-48-39.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2019-08-06-13-48-39.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 96

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Certainly did , unlike the filthy scum responsible for this ,

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17816773.67-tonnes-rubbish-picked-pride/

67 tonnes of rubbish picked up during and after Pride

Disgusting lack of respect for a coastal area tbh. I wonder how many tonnes of rubbish was blown into the sea. Extinction protesters should have been down here and the kids who took time out of school to protest a change of habits to combat climate change should have been litter policing the streets and coast.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
With noisy kids in the house you don't get to hear all of the news!

Yes 44 people.

Far worse than your average football match.:nono:

Over 300k of extra people came to the city - plenty of locals attended - lets conservatively guess at 30k. So that makes around 11 times more people than a packed Amex meaning an average arrest rate of 4 per 30k ( i.e. a full house at the Amex ). I wouldn't bat an eyelid if the arrest ratio was like that when an Albion match was on.

D

Deleted member 2719

Does your average football match have the better part of 500,000 attendees?
Huge exaggeration!!

Over 300k of extra people came to the city - plenty of locals attended - lets conservatively guess at 30k. So that makes around 11 times more people than a packed Amex meaning an average arrest rate of 4 per 30k ( i.e. a full house at the Amex ). I wouldn't bat an eyelid if the arrest ratio was like that when an Albion match was on.

Thats a fair guess, but the actually arrest rate at football is 4 arrest per 100,000 people, and there were no sexual assaults happening at football.
So most say 250,000 people attended. 2.5 x 4 would just 10 arrest way below Prides 44 arrests.

Pride party revellers are in a league of their own when it comes to crime and litter, no different to our caravan friends, and just as untouchable.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2019-08-06-20-56-54.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2019-08-06-20-56-54.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 80

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Great to have the park back and apart from rainbow confetti and brightly coloured feathers it was looking very tidy yesterday afternoon.

The only eyesore was the area around the recycling bins and the pathway through the woods, but that wasn't fenced off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here