Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Fathers Day - Dads

Text from both children this morning, also a card from our son on Friday. He's at the Le Mans 24hr on an extended 'Weald School 2003' Stag weekend but seems they managed to find somewhere to watch the England game. Daughter seems to have taken out some sort of regular subscription to Macmillan on my behalf for FD, that's a nice touch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
NSC Dads, what did you get ?

Woken up at 7.30 with shouts of HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADDY! having gone to bed at 1 in the morning after a bottle and a half of Shiraz. The Shiraz was an early present mind as is the beef joint I am about to slam in to the oven to soak up the remainder of my sleeplessness and hangover.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Mrs Surrey Jim cooked me a huge Sunday roast (to Jnrs requirements) and Jnr purchased me a pack of beers.

Pretty clever for an 8month old

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ridiculous "day". Decent kids treat their fathers well all year long and don't need a designated day to buy them presents and cards. I never ever acknowledged Father's Day (or Mother's Day) when I was a kid, and told my kids when they were young that if they ever bought me anything for Father's Day I would immediately chuck it in the bin. I recall telling my mother that I might consider acknowledging Mother's Day if there was a Son's Day to even things out.

You really are an oddball.

Is there anything in goldstone's life that isn't ridiculous / pointless / disgraceful? What makes goldstone happy? Ranting on here? Jeremy Clarkson? The soothing music they play to you as the nurse approaches with your meds?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ridiculous "day". Decent kids treat their fathers well all year long and don't need a designated day to buy them presents and cards. I never ever acknowledged Father's Day (or Mother's Day) when I was a kid, and told my kids when they were young that if they ever bought me anything for Father's Day I would immediately chuck it in the bin. I recall telling my mother that I might consider acknowledging Mother's Day if there was a Son's Day to even things out.
Would you chuck a signed by all the squad Brighton & Hove Albion framed shirt in the bin If your kids decided to surprise you?..just out of interest of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On holiday flying home tomorrow night and I received good wishes by phone from my 3 sons and the good news that my youngest son whose daughter has Leukaemia is at home between chemo sessions so shall see her Tuesday when I get home.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I got SIMMOSAYS a tour of the Brighton sewers!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
On holiday flying home tomorrow night and I received good wishes by phone from my 3 sons and the good news that my youngest son whose daughter has Leukaemia is at home between chemo sessions so shall see her Tuesday when I get home.
All the best to her

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I got SIMMOSAYS a tour of the Brighton sewers!

I can't tell if a joke or not - the caps are throwing me even though I know the username is in caps!

Either way, I went down the London sewers a few weeks ago as I work for Thames and it is incredible! The brickwork is amazing and regarded as some of the best in London. It's almost a shame that more people don't get to see it.

I understand that the Brighton one has the flow diverted? When we went down it was live which was a bit odd as it was up to your knees!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I can't tell if a joke or not - the caps are throwing me even though I know the username is in caps!

Either way, I went down the London sewers a few weeks ago as I work for Thames and it is incredible! The brickwork is amazing and regarded as some of the best in London. It's almost a shame that more people don't get to see it.

I understand that the Brighton one has the flow diverted? When we went down it was live which was a bit odd as it was up to your knees!

It is not a joke, both looking forward to it being plumbers!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Done good today..

Bacon and Egg sarnie and homemade cards this morning, Roast Pork dinner out at pub with a pint of Peroni for lunch, and then after chose which Lego set i wanted..

8861277290526.jpg

or

8611275428480464.jpg

£65 Vs £35.. Copter won..!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here