[Albion] Happy 41 Years Ago Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
We played our first ever match at Wemberlee and drew 2-2 with Manchester United.

”…and Smith must score…..and doesn’t”

A great day before the horror show of the replay and some great memories. The utter disbelief when Smudger put us 1-0 up, the assault on Rambo, abject misery at going 2-1 down, and then Stevens’ equaliser at the death.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great day out although stuck on a tube for an hour on the way to Wembley with all the Cockney Reds was an eye opener.
My real hate for Man Utd started that day with Whitesides lunge on Chris Ramsey and that hate has never subsided.
Same for me. Always hated them in a way I could never feel about Palarse after that. Whiteside deliberately handled the ball 3 times, and no action was taken. A cheeky smile, and off he trotted. The fact his career was ended early due to injury has always pleased me. Vindictive? Certainly. Top work by Mick Lyons.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Great day out although stuck on a tube for an hour on the way to Wembley with all the Cockney Reds was an eye opener.
My real hate for Man Utd started that day with Whitesides lunge on Chris Ramsey and that hate has never subsided.

Same for me. Always hated them in a way I could never feel about Palarse after that. Whiteside deliberately handled the ball 3 times, and no action was taken. A cheeky smile, and off he trotted. The fact his career was ended early due to injury has always pleased me. Vindictive? Certainly. Top work by Mick Lyons.
Same for me too!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
41 years of seething anger has not dissipated. Had a ticket but Sgt. Woods would not sign off my weekend leave application 🤬🤬🤬

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Brilliant day expected a stuffing came out glowing with pride, but really knew the chance had gone,,,,forget the replay!! :albion2:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
My tickets, me and brother, the only ones we could get, were in the Man Utd end. 😟

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports