Happy 2nd 5-0 anniversary

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Excuse us for not joining in when you celebrate.

The date I always remember is 18 - 04 - 81 and the league table at the end of that season.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Waterhall Wizard said:
Excuse us for not joining in when you celebrate.

The date I always remember is 18 - 04 - 81 and the league table at the end of that season.
I remember that too. And you joined us not so long after and went in to the depths of poverty.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Croydonbloke said:
I remember that too. And you joined us not so long after and went in to the depths of poverty.

No you've got that wrong. We were already used to poverty before the Cup Final.

Nothing wrong with the score on 18 - 04 - 81 though. The memories of that match will sustain me today.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Waterhall Wizard said:
No you've got that wrong. We were already used to poverty before the Cup Final.

Nothing wrong with the score on 18 - 04 - 81 though. The memories of that match will sustain me today.
I`m pleased you have some distant memories of when you could beat us. Nice to hold on to those precious moments when current ones are letting you down.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Croydonbloke said:
I`m pleased you have some distant memories of when you could beat us. Nice to hold on to those precious moments when current ones are letting you down.

Absolutely right!

There are plenty more where they came from.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Happy birthday Richie. It's my sis-in-laws birthday as well. In fact she was 30 two years ago and was good enough to organise a party to celebrate the 5-0 victory. Lovely day all around.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
5-0

have a nice day:D

johnsoncelebbaggies.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't dwell on the past (apart from the good times).
Look to the future boys, but in CP's case, lost cause I'm afraid.

2 years ago today, I was swearing my head off in the Marina Bar in Tenerife while watching the scores unfold. Oh well, plenty to drink there anyway.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Happy anniversary Palace. Enjoy your celebratory drinks but take care not too choke on them. Remember; too much gloating is bad for your soul.

Next time we play you we won't have Steve Coppell as manager of course. Did you know he drugged our players before the match? You can take the boy out of Palace......

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm glad that there's something to cheer you up when you spend most of your lives in the grim, grey, dirty streets of Croydon.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
perth seagull said:
I'm glad that there's something to cheer you up when you spend most of your lives in the grim, grey, dirty streets of Croydon.
HAHA beautiful day in Bromley today. sun is shining.

this time 2 years ago still watching soccer AM!:clap2:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
eagles #1 said:
HAHA beautiful day in Bromley today. sun is shining.

this time 2 years ago still watching soccer AM!:clap2:
This time 2 years ago me and my brother were stood in Grange pub in Thornton heath sipping our first pint of the afternoon boarding up and everything. Only to be told it was the away fans pub. 12;00pm and not an Albion fan in sight.(why was that?.

Last edited:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Croydonbloke said:
This time 2 years ago me and my brother were stood in Grange pub in Thornton heath sipping our first pint of the afternoon boarding up and everything. Only to be told it was the away fans pub. 12;00pm and not an Albion fan in sight.(why was that?.

Because they turned in their tracks one hundred yards away. The stench you created stopped hundreds of Brighton fans going anywhere near the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports