Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Happy 20th Birthday NSC?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Family Fortunes with CRISPS.
Family Fortunes! I don't think I've EVER laughed so much as at that thread. I think it's in NSC Gold, but it's not the same re-reading it. When it was 'live' I was constantly refreshing my screen to see the latest post. I think the fact there were about four different conversations going on at the same time with people posting out of sequence that made it so funny. (With the thread starter trying to keep order). I'm smiling now just thinking about it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Family Fortunes! I don't think I've EVER laughed so much as at that thread. I think it's in NSC Gold, but it's not the same re-reading it. When it was 'live' I was constantly refreshing my screen to see the latest post. I think the fact there were about four different conversations going on at the same time with people posting out of sequence that made it so funny. (With the thread starter trying to keep order). I'm smiling now just thinking about it.
I was at work, which fortunately was very quiet, and laughing out loud at the responses. Poor old Artois.

Talking of Gold, Turkeygate is there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I still remember someone coming into my office to ask if I was OK, as I sat there guffawing with tears streaming down my face :lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
All that history, and even now posters continue to be above recycling the same tiresome in jokes year after year.

Credit is due.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I have been on NSC since about 1997. Rarely post but look what's happening every day. I remember when NSC sponsored a home game at Withdean. We gave M of M to Andy Crosby much to Micky Adams disgust who thought Kerry Mayo deserved it. Regular posters back in the day were Croydon Seagull (later to become Lush), Barnet Seagull, Man of Harveys, Brovian, Simster, Harts Shirt to name a few.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I
I remember you hacking and impersonating me back in about 2005. Serves me right for having 'albion' as my password.
didnt you come round my house to threaten me after that ? 😂

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Can't remember if it was related to Turkeygate, but there was one magical xmas where @Turkey fixed it for virtual snowflakes to drift down across the NSC Big Board. Quite magical it was :xmas: :love: Well at least it was for about 5 minutes until the board ground to a complete halt. Whereupon that magical festive feature was swiftly removed, never to be seen again :lol:
Bloody hell you've got a good memory!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Remember the mailing list days. My first real recollection of regularly viewing was 1998 because also used to follow latest news at work of a new film coming out called Fellowship of the Ring as they started to make. Remember first pics of black riders being circulated on the net via this new search engine thingy called Google.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was joking…… tickets wasn’t it 😄
It was indeed, West Ham in the cup. Although that still wasn't me, it was a friend collecting them for me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
….

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was indeed, West Ham in the cup. Although that still wasn't me, it was a friend collecting them for me.
Yeah you sent your minder to rough me up just coz of a larf on the net you melt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here