Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I doubt anyone else has an earlier start date:

1688448588939.png

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
It's actually only this incarnation that's 20 years old. It's existed in other forms since about 1996. I first posted in about 98/99, but I know there are still a few regular posters (Simster and Wozza to name but two) who pre-date me.
What were the earlier versions called? I also joined here (NSC) in July 2003 and must have migrated here from another place but I don't remember from whence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's actually only this incarnation that's 20 years old. It's existed in other forms since about 1996. I first posted in about 98/99, but I know there are still a few regular posters (Simster and Wozza to name but two) who pre-date me.
Yes, this particular incarnation followed Turkeygate, when everyone lost their post count.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What were the earlier versions called? I also joined here (NSC) in July 2003 and must have migrated here from another place but I don't remember from whence.
They were still called North Stand Chat. In a lot (all?) of the earlier versions you didn't have to register though.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Class of ‘97 here. Though I can’t recall what my @ was before I changed it to JTM in 2003?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It was great when you had to input your identity in free text with no password on each post.

People got so cross when they were impersonated.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Think I joined in 99..maybe 00, my username definitely reflected where I was living then so about that time. We are getting old.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They were still called North Stand Chat. In a lot (all?) of the earlier versions you didn't have to register though.
I think I was first in about 98, I did register but do also remember being able to post without registering or logging in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The previous incarnation of NSC was massive. Maybe even larger than this one? Along with all the usual stuff there were great SWATHES of posts about the stadium planning circus (ably presided over by the late great ringmaster Lord B) as well as endless passionate debates about the rights and wrongs of the Gulf War etc etc

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The previous incarnation of NSC was massive. Maybe even larger than this one? Along with all the usual stuff there were great SWATHES of posts about the stadium planning circus (ably presided over by the late great ringmaster Lord B) as well as endless passionate debates about the rights and wrongs of the Gulf War etc etc
All the original REMF stuff . . . . . And the finest thread ever, the Church of the Rev, via which I met Mrs Zef. We have been together 21 years, one month and 2 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here