Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hans Kraay JR

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has Hans been to The Amex yet? I reckon he'd get a decent welcome having been a cult figure for us. I hope the alleged shirt throwing strop would not prevent him being invited.

I recall thinking he was lucky to get away with his antics but Refs were so much more lenient in the '80s, he would be a walking red card these days. Without that hard edge to his game I fear he'd only be half the player these days.

Imagine a midfield with Kraay, Paul Clark and Charlie Oatway.

I'm pretty sure that would contravene The Geneva Convention. (Maybe swap Horton for Oatway :eek:)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Cult hero - not a great deal of flair (apart from being a dutch player in a division with few of them in) but certainly lifted the crowd when he played.

He really annoyed opposing goalkeepers by jumping up and down in front of them at corners.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has Hans been to The Amex yet? I reckon he'd get a decent welcome having been a cult figure for us. I hope the alleged shirt throwing strop would not prevent him being invited.

I recall thinking he was lucky to get away with his antics but Refs were so much more lenient in the '80s, he would be a walking red card these days. Without that hard edge to his game I fear he'd only be half the player these days.

Imagine a midfield with Kraay, Paul Clark and Charlie Oatway.

Oatway a pussy compared to the tank, Kraay and Case

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Remember his celebration after scoring at Nottingham county. He jumped up the security fencing and attempted to climb over it to get to us fans. Absolute nutter.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
He thumped a ref back in Holland and signed for us whist banned.
Didn't the North stand start bouncing as well when he bounced in front of the keeper?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We've painted a figure of a pretty fearsome character here yet physically he was tall, blond & lean so he didn't have the look of a thug but was fearless & well 'ard.

What also endeared him to the fans was his mischievous grin when he was playing. he loved to wind up the opposition, especially the keeper, then would turn & smile, even laugh, to the fans. Not many players have played so few games yet are remembered with such affection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here