Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up then. Who DIDN'T want Bobby back?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I certainly was one of these people.What i was more concerned about was not signing another striker and relying to much on Bobby. Zamora's age and injury record worried me. Also his goal tally over the last few years.

I still believe we are a top striker short.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Glad he is back and winning points.

However when in May he was released by QPR and we were being linked with him, my concern was that he would be our main forward signing and we would be relying on a 30 something forward with a recent poor injury record. Bearing in mind our car crash recruitment policy of the previous season, I suspect others had this worry.

However once we had signed Hemed, bringing Zamora back as another option seemed sensible.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I didn't want him back. I thought the legend would get tainted. Elated to be wrong so far.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wouldn't say I didn't want him back, but I did feel that there might be better options lost. I'm happy to be wrong, and if his efforts bring us promotion, I'm happy to crack a few eggs on my face. I won't feel a thing in all the jubilation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'll have a slice of that humble pie please. I felt that we should be building and moving forward and not clinging to the past. I also felt that he was past his best and would only get cameo roles, by which I meant to appease the fans hadn't even considered he keep popping on, scoring the winner and delighting the fans. Finally, for such a legend, I didn't want him to come back and tarnish some great memories.

I was wrong on all counts!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I didn't, but I think the question at the time supposed that we were going to be in the prem. I then stuck to my guns thinking he was too old and injury prone, but Looks like I was wrong (it has happened before ... it was a Tuesday).

I was a bit uncomfortable with him kissing the badge the other day though.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
I saw him on TV last season for QPR and was impressed by his hold up play. It was not just his goal last night he was great being an outlet for us when they were pressing

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I didn't think he was the answer. I wanted us to splash some cash on replacing Baldock, and felt Zamora's wages would've been better spent on someone who would start week in week out.

He's doing a lot better than I expected, but Baldocks finishing means I still think we desperately need another striker. Hemed hasn't won me over either.

Oh, and Baldock didn't score last night, it was an own goal, before someone has a moan at me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
:wave:
It's not that I didn't want him back, I just couldn't see it working out.

I figured he'll not be playing 90 minutes, he'll not be playing 3 games a week, and that money could be spent better elsewhere.
I was guessing on '2 weeks out with a groin strain', 'a little hamstring niggle', 'can't be rushed back', basically a pooh load of frustration.

We all knew a moment like last night was going to happen, hopefully they'll be a few more, not to mention another goal threat joining in January taking more pressure off Bobby.

Mine is something similar - The difference in mine was that I didn't think he fitted the bill of the age group that CH usually signed. Also he worked under CH at Spurs and he didn't play that many games when Martin Jol and CH were in charge at Spurs.

I don't know what he will bring just yet. The technique to his goal last night was sublime and he has not been asked to play more than 15 minutes yet so I can't yet say that I am won over but what i can say is that i really want to be won over

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Mine is something similar - The difference in mine was that I didn't think he fitted the bill of the age group that CH usually signed. Also he worked under CH at Spurs and he didn't play that many games when Martin Jol and CH were in charge at Spurs.

I don't know what he will bring just yet. The technique to his goal last night was sublime and he has not been asked to play more than 15 minutes yet so I can't yet say that I am won over but what i can say is that i really want to be won over

He started at Bolton and was involved with both of our goals. Off topic, but can i ask, are you a Brighton fan or a Chris Hughton fan? Just curious as it seems you know a lot about him and you join date being Jan 2015, when Hughton joined.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I always wanted him back but I'd be lying if I said I thought it was a risk-free move.

For me the potential upside always outweighed the potential downside, moreso when you consider he was prepared to sign a one-year deal.

I almost feel as though whatever happens from now on is a bonus. He's already won us 4 points, I'm sure those 4 points will be crucial come the final reckoning and he's scored quality goals home and away in an Albion shirt once more, so something to savour for eternity.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I always maintained that I would be happy to see him back IF Chris Hughton thought he could have a part to play.

I trust our system and club enough to think that was the case, and he certainly is making an impact.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I didn't and by the looks of it neither did 50% of NSC according to the poll that was put on here.
34 been round a bit, great memories of him at Albion not wanting to be spoiled, etc etc
But he is doing ok, dont get too excited he hasnt done 90 minutes yet its 10 here 15 there.
I think some people may be expecting a tad too much of him now.
Hope he goes onto to score loads but we'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here