Handball and a penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Yes pen, otherwise defenders will waggle their arms whenever they tackle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes pen, otherwise defenders will waggle their arms whenever they tackle.
He wasn’t tackling - he was jumping so it’s in a natural position for leverage. No pen for me. Totally diff to the Everton one where Keane stuck arm out unnaturally when blocking - Neville talking shite comparing the two.

No pen.

Lunacy that they get a goal from a nothing situation.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He wasn’t tackling - he was jumping so it’s in a natural position for leverage. No pen for me. Totally diff to the Everton one where Keane stuck arm out unnaturally when blocking - Neville talking shite comparing the two.

No pen.

Lunacy that they get a goal from a nothing situation.
I know it’s all different now but the Keane one wa a good example where the old adage ‘it was ball to hand, not hand to ball’ served us well for decades. Sure his hand wasn’t in the best position but the ball was drilled at it with no chance to react.

The handball law now is a complete mess.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No pen for me. He's jumping to head a ball, which is pretty difficult/unnatural to do with arms by your side. Plus Mudryk get his head on the ball first, redirecting it onto Saliba's arm, from a yard away. No way you can deem it an intentional block given Mudryk's touch, and his arm is in a natural position when jumping like that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know it’s all different now but the Keane one wa a good example where the old adage ‘it was ball to hand, not hand to ball’ served us well for decades. Sure his hand wasn’t in the best position but the ball was drilled at it with no chance to react.

The handball law now is a complete mess.
Agree with that too. Just under the current laws he makes his body unnaturally bigger. Saliba didn’t for me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No pen. Straight forward for me

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Please let's go back to deliberate handball=penalty. This one is a penalty under the current rules, but should this transgression warrant an almost certain goal?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Penalty.

Unfortunately, I really don’t think leverage is an argument these days.
Personally, I have never been convinced by the leverage argument. Players can jump without using their arms, often seen when in warm up routines of central defenders waiting to come on or the game to kick off. Duffy always did this air-heading routine. The leveraging with arms is often to get the better of an opponent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here