Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Come ON people. He's clearly not up to PL standards. Have you not been watching?! He's done a job for us in the CHAMPIONSHIP but if he was a PL player then he'd be there by now at his age. Sorry, a committed team player but not for the PL.

Boaz Myhill, Grant Holt, Leon Britton are three names off the top of my head that have managed to pass themselves off as Premier League players. They've all spent a fair amount of time in the bottom tier of the football league.

How does one know if someone is capable or not, if they are not given the chance?

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Boaz Myhill, Grant Holt, Leon Britton are three names off the top of my head that have managed to pass themselves off as Premier League players. They've all spent a fair amount of time in the bottom tier of the football league.

How does one know if someone is capable or not, if they are not given the chance?

Because Hammond doesn't have the technical skills, pace or speed of thought to succeed in the PL...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
???I always liked Hammond and it may have helped having a break from the Albion he proved that coming back can work. Bring back Alex Dawson Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
FANTASTIC signing.

Our record when he plays is MUCH better than when he doesn't. FACT.

david_points_1024.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Premiership player? Well he might do a job as a squad player. However, I think for Gus to take a punt on Hammond as a squad player will largely be down to other issues - the player's wage demands, whether Gus could trust him to step up when called upon, that kind of thing.

He's never going to start regularly, but I reckon there are plenty of players of Hammond's level in some Premiership squads - Clint Hill is a prime example, although I believe Hill actually started more often than not. Half of Reading's squad is very ordinary too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here